Scottish musical icon and joint winner of the 1969 Eurovision Song Contest, Lulu has announced that she is performing a 20 date tour in the UK next year.
Titled An Evening With Lulu, the show will feature covers from Stevie Wonder, Otis Redding and of course all of her hits from a career that has spanned over 50 years. To sir with love, The man who sold the world and Relight my fire are just a few in which the Scottish singer will perform during the show.
Speaking to The Scotsman newspaper, Lulu explained the reason as to why she has decided to go back on tour:
2015 has been an exceptional year for me, in a 50-year career. From performing at Glastonbury, releasing my first self-penned album and touring the UK solo with my fabulous band for the first time in 10 years. I had so much fun I’ve decided to get back out there to do it again in March 2016, and I can’t wait!
Tour dates and ticket information
(All performance will start at 19:00 local time)
- 02/03: Apex, Bury St Edmunds
- 03/03: Southend Cliffs Pavilion, Southend-on-sea
- 04/03: G Live Guildford, Guildford
- 06:03: Concorde Club, Eastleigh
- 09:03: Royal and Derngate, Northampton
- 10:03: Forum Barrow, Barrow-In-Furness
- 12/03: Meres Leisure Centre, Grantham
- 13/03: Bradford St Georges Hall, Bradford
- 14/03: Opera House Buxton, Buxton
- 15/03: Durham Gala Theatre, Durham
- 17/03: Rothes Halls, Glenrothes
- 18/03: Eden Court Theatre, Inverness
- 21/03: Perth Concert Hall, Perth (UK)
- 22/03: His Majesty’s Theatre, Aberdeen
- 25/03: Watford Colosseum, Watford
- 28/03: Orchard Theatre Dartford, Dartford
- 29/03: Shrewsbury Theatre Severn, Shrewsbury
- 30/03: The Anvil, Basingstoke
- 31/03: Queens Theatre Barnstaple, Barnstaple
Pre-sale tickets will be available to members of Lulu’s mailing list from 10:00 local time on October 14. Tickets go on general sale at 09:00 local time on October 16. More information can be found at Ticketmaster.
Lulu won the 1969 Eurovision Song Contest in Madrid for the UK with the song Boom-bang-a-bang.