After eleven quarter finals, a second chance round and four semi finals, Iceland's selection for the 2008 Eurovision Song Contest will come to an end tonight with the grand final of Laugardagslögin being held. The remaining eight acts will perform their songs and the winner will be chosen by televoting.
The show will start at 21:10 CET (20:10 local time). Ragnhildur Steinunn Jónsdóttir & Gísli Einarsson will host the program. Although the winners will be chosen by televoting, there is also a jury that comments on the songs. One of the jury members is Selma who represented Iceland twice in the Eurovision Song Contest: in 1999, she achieved second place (Iceland's best result so far) with All out of luck; in 2005 she didn't manage to qualify through the semi final with If I had your love.
You can follow the high qualitywebcast here.
- Birgitta Haukdal & Magni Ásgeirsson – Núna veit ég
- Páll Rósinkranz – Gef mér von
- Davíð Þorsteinn Olgeirsson – In your dreams
- Baggalútur– Hvað var það sem þú sást í honum?
- Eurobandið– Fullkomið líf
- Dr. Spock – Hvar ertu nú?
- Ragnheiður Gröndal – Don't wake me up
- Mercedes Club – Ho, ho, ho, we say hey, hey, hey
In 2005, 2006 and 2007, Iceland did not manage to reach the final of the Eurovision Song Contest although the country was sometimes quite close finishing 16th, 13th and again 13th in the semi final respectively. Iceland will havetake part in one of the semi finalsin Belgrade.