The grand final of Svensktoppen Nästa 2015, the talent competition organised by Sweden’s regional radio P4, will take part on 6 September at the Liseberg amusement park in Göteborg.
This year, the winner might not go automatically to be one of the 28 participants in Melodifestivalen 2016, but another finalist might go and fight on the right of representing Sweden on home ground in the next Eurovision Song Contest.
During the summer, 25 entries were selected via regional competitions held by the various regional P4 radio stations. Eight of them qualified to the grand final, and the participants are: (in brackets – the regional radio being represented):
- Michael Fannon (Uppland) – Kommer tid, kommer råd
- Sofia Sandberg-Albihn (Malmöhus) – The sunny side
- Smajling Swedes (Stockholm) – Goosebump
- Fanny Nilsson (Kalmar) – Alone
- Jens Sporron (Blekinge) – Make a mistake
- Miss Winter (Sörmland) – The road
- Jawone (Göteborg) – Främling
- Laila Adèle (Halland) – Blame it all on you
Some of you might recognise Laila Adèle as she previously took part in Melodifestivalen 2006 with the song Don’t try to stop me.
Listen below to the eight finalists being presented in a special P4 radio program. Note that the chosen artist will be taking part in Melodifestivalen 2016 with a different song than its Svensktoppen Nästa entry.