Oleksandar Ponomariov: “No offer received”

by Bjørn Erik Opheim 30 views

Unlike what has been the content of rumours having been spread all over the net by fans of the Eurovision Song Contest, the fan club of Oleksandar Ponomariov told Eurovision-Spain.com that he still hasn't receive any proposal from the broadcaster First National to represent Ukraine in Riga on May 24 next year.

For about two months, rumours have circulated in different corners of the internet, maintaining that the Ukrainian singer Oleksandar Ponomariov had been offered the honourable task of representing his country in the 48th Eurovision Song Contest next year. Nevertheless, a fan club of the artist informed Eurovision-Spain.com that no proposal yet have been delievered Ponomariov from the Ukrainian broadcaster. All they could confirm was the artist's genuine interest in representing Ukraine in Riga.

In an interview, Oleksandar said that for him, getting the opportunity to participate in the contest would be like receiving an important present, since Eurovision usually opens several doors into the global music market. He added that if it indeed should happen that he would turn out to be the first Ukrainian artist to enter the contest, then he would be in need of a publicity campaign throughout the European continent, since he's still unknown outside his native country.

At the moment, Oleksandar Ponomariov occupies fifth place in the Ukrainian hit lists. It is said his success depends on a combination of a great voice, his good-looking appearance and his elegance.

ESCToday is growing and always looks for new members to join our team! Feel free to drop us a line if you're interested! Use the Contact Us page or send us an email at vacancies@esctoday.com!