Following the annual tradition which has been around since 1997, it’s that time of year where it’s time to crown the winner of this year’s Barbara Dex Award!
First introduced in 1997, the Barbara Dex Award is an annual award where fans from around the world vote for the worst dressed artist of the year’s Eurovision Song Contest.
The award is named after Barbara Dex, the Belgian representative from 1993, who famously performed at the competition wearing her own self-made see-through outfit, being dubbed as the ultimate crime against fashion in Eurovision history.
You can now register your vote for the Barbara Dex Award 2015 via eurovisionhouse.nl, where you are able to submit one vote towards the award. Voting closes on the 6 June with the results being released publicly shortly afterwards.
Previous Barbara Dex Award winners
A total of 18 acts have had the honour of being crowned the Barbara Dex Award winner since it was first introduced. You can check out the full list of previous winners below.
- 2014: Lithuania – Vilija Matačiūnaitė
- 2013: Serbia – Moje 3
- 2012: Albania – Rona Nishliu
- 2011: Georgia – Eldrine
- 2010: Serbia – Milan Stanković
- 2009: Hungary – Zoli Ádok
- 2008: Andorra – Gisela
- 2007: Ukraine – Verka Serduchka
- 2006: Portugal – Nonstop
- 2005: FYR Macedonia – Martin Vučić
- 2004: Romania – Sanda Ladoși
- 2003: Russia – t.A.T.u.
- 2002: Greece – Michalis Rakintzis
- 2001: Poland – Piasek
- 2000: Belgium – Nathalie Sorce
- 1999: Spain – Lydia
- 1998: Germany – Guildo Horn
- 1997: Malta – Debbie Scerri