In our series of interviews of 2013 Eurovision Song Contest participants we land next in Madrid, Spain to chat with El Sueño de Morfeo who will represent Spain at the forthcoming Eurovision Song Contest final on 18 May with their entry Contigo hasta el final.
1. How do you feel representing Spain at the forthcoming Eurovision Song Contest?
We feel very proud,honored and happy at the same time. It’s an amazing feeling to know that you are going to represent your country doing what we enjoy the most.
2. What made you decide to repressent Spain at the Eurovision Song Contest? How did it all happen?
We were approached by our record label and TVE with the proposal. It was a beautiful surprise to us and we jumped at the opportunity without any hesitation.
3. What is your Eurovision entry Contigo hasta el final about? What inspired you to compose this song? What’s the story behind the song?
‘Contigo hasta el final’ is a love story, a recurring theme in the history of ESDM. In this particular song we wanted to explore a mix between a ballad and rock. The song begins in a mid tempo that doubles itself up as it develops.
4. Will you be recording Contigo hasta el final in any other language? English?
Yes, we are working on an English version at the moment.
5. What do you know about the Eurovision Song Contest ? Which is favourite Spanish Eurovision entry?
Neither one of us have ever been following the contest, but we are aware of the tremendous fame and popularity that the contest has.
Raquel Del Rosario: I personally remember with much warmth Massiel’s song ‘La, la, la’, even though I wasn’t born yet when she performed it. For our country it’s a classic.
6. Have any of the former Spanish Eurovision representatives given you any advice regarding your forthcoming Eurovision participation? If so what have they told you?
Yes, last year’s representative, Pastora Soler, told us to enjoy every second of it. That this will be an unforgettable experience.
7. Are you planning to travel around Europe in order to promote your song? Will you be going on a promo tour? How will you be promoting your song in Spain?
At the moment we are concentrating on preparing for the contest. When the contest is over we will start thinking about other possibilities and future plans.
8. Have you heard any of the other competing songs at this year’s Eurovision Song Contest? Which are your favourites? Which ones do you see as rivals?
We haven’t really listened to many others artists. We have been mainly concentrating on our music. I think in a contest like this the standard is very high and therefore we are all rivals.
9. How are El Sueño de Morfeo behind the scenes? What do you do in your free time? What are your hobbies?
We are very happy people. Always laughing and cracking jokes at each another. We are very different. David likes to fly his small plane and producing music for other bands. Whilst Juan likes to surf and design for his own clothing company “Ewan”.
Raquel Del Rosario: I like to take pictures and develop my personal/fashion blog.
10. How has your life changed since you were selected to represent Spain?
It´s quite beautiful when we are walking down the streets and people come up to us to wish us good luck. Eurovision is a new challenge in our career and thus it has required for us to really focus all our attention into it. We have put everything else on hold in order to tackle this new opportunity.
11. You have filmed both the official videoclip of Contigo hasta el final and the presentation postard for Eurovision 2013 in Asturias. You have showcased both the scenic beauty and sights of Asturias. What motivated you to do so?
This scenery is not only home to David and Juan, but it´s also very representative of the kind of music we create. We wanted to pay homage to it.
12. Do you have a message for your European fans and esctoday.com readers?
Yes!!! Vote for us!!! LOL
WE WANT TO SEND ALL THE READERS A WARM HUG AND WE HOPE YOU ENJOY OUR PERFORMANCE ON MAY 18th.
MUCH LOVE TO ALL,
Esctoday.com would like to thank El Sueño de Morfeo and TVE for this interview and wish Spain good luck on 18 May at the Eurovision Song Contest final.