DR, the Danish national broadcaster has released the full list of the artists and songs chosen to compete in the upcoming Danish national final – Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2015 (DMGP 2015).
Back in September, DR revealed that a total of 687 entries had been received for the upcoming Danish national final – DMGP 2015. From these 687 entries, a total of 7 have been selected to partake in the national final whilst a further 3 entries have been chosen as wildcards from invited composers and artists.
Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2015 acts
- Sara Sukurani – Love me love me (Sara Sukurani, Robert Uhlmann, Arash Labaf, Alexander Papaconstantinou)
- Tina & René – Mi amore (Thomas G:son, Henrik Sethsson)
- Marcel & Soulman Group – Når veje krydses (Marcel Gbekle, Jeanette Christiansen, Bjarne List Nissen)
- Cecilie Alexandra – Hotel A (Bobby Ljunggreen, Marcos Ubeda, Kristian Lagerström)
- Andy Roda – Love is love (Andy Roda, Maria H. Jensen)
- Julie Bjerre – Tæt på mine drømme (Maia Daniella Andersen, Jakob Schack Glæsner, Lise Cabble)
- Anti Social Media – The way you are (Remee S. Jackman, Lars ”Chief 1” Pedersen)
- Anne Gadegaard – Suitcase (Micky Skeel, Magnus Funemyr)
- Babou – Manjana (Lasse Lindorff, Daniel Rothmann, Thomas Sardorf, Karen Rosenberg, Nicolas Rebscher, Matthias Zürkler, Johannes Loefller)
- World of Girls – Summer without you (Martin Fliegenschmidt, Rune Braager, Daniel Calvin Østergaard)
For the first time, DR will publish the full versions of the DMGP entries 2 weeks before the national final is set to take place. In previous editions of the Danish national final, only small teasers of each entry were available to listen to before the show took place.
Talking about the release of the DMGP 2015 entries in advance, the Entertainment Manager of DR, Jan Lagermand Lundme, revealed:
We are constantly expanding our entertainment formats to best suit the media reality we are in. With the publication of the ten songs in the national final, we hope to give maximum time for the music to speak and so we do not get less of an opportunity to learn about the artists beforehand.
The songs are currently available to listen to via the official Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2015 CD and will be available to listen to via YouTube in due course.
Regarding this year’s DMGP entries, Jan Lagermand Lundme went on to say:
Over the last few years, we have seen an improvement in the quality of submitted songs. That is certainly also the case for this year. I am curious as to whom Denmark will choose as the victor this year – it will undoubtedly be a difficult choice.
DMGP 2015 will take place next month of the 7 February in the host city of Aalborg where the 10 acts will perform their entries for the first time in front of the public and regional jury. The act which receives the most points after a televote-jury deliberation will win the national final where they will go on the represent their country at the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest in the host city of Vienna, Austria.
Last year, Basim was selected via the national final DMGP 2014 to represent Denmark at the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest in the host city of Copenhagen, Denmark. With his song Cliché love song, Basim received a total of 74 points at the Grand Final, ending in 9th position.
The 2015 Eurovision Song Contest will take place on the 19, 21 and 23 May at the host venue – the Wiener Stadthalle.