The Eurovision action continues in Nicosia, Cyprus! The fifth of the Eurovision Song Project audition shows has just concluded, with three acts proceeding to the Eurochallenge phase of the competition. The winner of the Eurovision Song Project will represent Cyprus at the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest in Vienna.
Nine acts auditioned in front of a special Jury consisting of former Cypriot Eurovision representatives Despina Olympiou, Alex Panayi, Elena Patroklou and actor Tasos Trifonos. Each act performed a cover of a Eurovision classic along with their Eurovision Song Project entry. The songs were not performed in full.
The Eurovision Song Project is broadcast by CyBC, and a webcast was available via their website.
Fifth audition show results
- Yuri performed the songs Hold me now (Ireland 1987) and Victorious – 4 Yes
- Christina Stilianou performed the songs Stronger every minute (Cyprus 2004) and Lonely nights – 1 Yes (Panayi), 3 No (Patroklou, Trifonos, Olympiou)
- Apollonia performed the songs Only teardrops (Denmark 2013) and Don’t give up on me (Just yet) – 3 Yes (Patroklou, Trifonos, Olympiou), 1 No (Panayi)
- Neofitos Stratis performed the songs Non ho l’età (Italy 1964) and Rebound – 2 Yes (Patroklou, Olympiou), 2 No (Panayi, Trifonos)
- Flirt performed the songs Euphoria (Sweden 2012) and Let your mind free – 4 No
- Helena performed the songs Euphoria (Sweden 2012) and No money no honey – 4 No
- Georgiou Konstantina performed the songs Is it true? (Iceland 2009) and When we used to be – 2 Yes (Patroklou, Olmpiou), 2 No (Panayi, Trifonos)
- Hovig performed the songs I anixi (Greece 1991) and Stone in a river – 4 Yes
- Maria Evangelou performed the songs Cliché love song (Denmark 2014) and Play me like a pop song – 1 Yes (Olympiou), 3 No (Panayi, Patroklou, Trifonos)
The acts below received at least three “Yes” votes from the Jury, which qualified them for the Eurochallenge shows:
- Yuri – Victorious
- Apollonia – Don’t give up on my (Just yet)
- Hovig – Stone in a river
They join previous qualifiers Eva Diva, Emily Charalambous, Charalambous “Luna” Iosif, Maria Evangelou, Christina Tselepou, Valence, Pieros Kezou, Maria Moskofian and Christiana Chatziiordanus, Ioanna Protopapa, Eleni Irakleus, Doody, Nearchos Evangelou and Charis Savva, Christos Riala, Minus One and Giannis Karagiannis. Read about previous Eurovision Song Project audition shows below.
- First audition show results
- Second audition show results
- Third audition show results
- Fourth audition show results
The first of two Eurochallenge shows, which will feature twenty acts, will take place on Sunday 18 January 2015. The second Eurochallenge show is scheduled for Sunday 25 January 2015, with ten acts to participate. A total of six acts will contest the Grand Final of the Eurovision Song Project on Sunday 1 February 2015 and the winner will have the honour of representing Cyprus at the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest in Vienna.