SVT, the Swedish national broadcaster, has revealed that the names of the Melodifestivalen participants will be unveiled next week.
Earlier this year, SVT unveiled a number of changes to the format of the Swedish national selection Melodifestivalen including a reduced number of participants. 28 entries will be selected to compete in the 2015 Melodifestivalen competition with a total of 12 acts qualifying to the final of the event.
Over the course of two days, SVT will unveil the names of the competing artists that will take part in the 2015 Melodifestivalen selection. Below is a schedule of which artists will be revealed on which day at which time.
Melodifestivalen 2015: Competing artists schedule
- 24/11: Semi-final 1 and semi-final 2 candidates revealed. To be unveiled between 10:00-11:30 CET. 14 acts in total.
- 25/11: Semi-final 3 and semi-final 4 candidates revealed. To be unveiled between 10:00-11:30 CET. 14 acts in total.
Regarding the 2015 Melodifestivalen selection, former Eurovision participant and Melodifestivalen supervisor Christer Björkman revealed:
We have a fun, sprawling mix, and we certainly have something for everyone. There are a number of real top songs that it will be fun to see how they are received.
Earlier this year, SVT unveiled that the winner of the 2014 Melodifestivalen, Sanna Nielsen, along with the Swedish comedian and presenter, Robin Paulsson, have been selected to host the 2015 shows. Along with that, the dates and cities were also revealed.
Melodifestivalen 2015: Host cities and dates
- 7/2: Semi-final 1 – Gothenburg
- 14/2: Semi-final 2 – Malmö
- 21/2: Semi-final 3 – Östersund
- 28/2: Semi-final 4 – Örebro
- 7/3: Andra chansen – Helsingborg
- 14/3: Final – Stockholm