We’re live at the Eurovision Song Contest, and all the big events in Copenhagen, with our team on the ground to bring you the best coverage from every corner of the city.
Events around Copenhagen
There are a number of events planned in Copenhagen today, including:
- Wonderful Weddings – Get married during Eurovision Song Contest 2014 in Copenhagen! The City of Copenhagen has an extraordinary offer for all gay and straight couples looking to tie the knot in an unforgettable way.
- Eurovision Friday Rock in Tivoli Gardens – Two Danish acts, DJ Kato and drumming Safri Duo, will bring the club vibe to the open air stage in Tivoli.
- Sweethearts Melodi Grand Prix – Get in the Eurovision mood, when Danish pop band Sweethearts perform all the good old Danish Eurovision songs on the open air stage at amusement park Bakken the day before the international final.
- Melodi Grand Prix tribute with The Olsen Brothers – You will get a chance to sing along to Fly on the Wings of Love and many other hits.
- Bottle Boys in The Cisterns – Experience the Bottle Boys, when they perform Danish Melodi Grand Prix classics as a tribute to Eurovision Song Contest in the unique location The Cisterns in the Frederiksberg area of Copenhagen.
- Grænseløs – The language of music does not have any borders and the band Grænseløs is a good example of how music can build bridges between people and cultures.
- Mariposa – Mariposa is a samba school located in Copenhagen. They are passionate about samba and dance.
- It Gets Political – Today will be political as politicians from all parties running for the seat in the European Parliament take the stage to debate about LGBT rights. The status of equal rights across Europe varies, but no country enjoys full equality and no discrimination.
- What a Drag & DJ Mikael Costa – Tonight, you can look forward to a H*** of a drag show, after which DJ Mikael Costa (DK), who proudly celebrates 30 years as a DJ, will make you rock the night away.
- Dúné – Dúné describe their sound as “High-flying Scandinavian Rock”. The music is inspired by 1970s punk, 80s pop and 90s indie, of which they have created their own unique blend.
- Esben Svane – Esben Svane’s lyrics are dominated by melancholy. It is the honest scrutiny of own faults and weaknesses, and it is the power of admitting that you yourself are anything but perfect. Because it has become apparent that there is no perfect thing.
- Sharing Copenhagen – Come and get a taste of how well recycled food can be and wash it down with music from the music school in Copenhagen.
- MGP lovers – ‘MGP Lovers’ are six musicians / singers from the Rhythmic Music Conservatory with a passion for Eurovision Song Contest.
- Heimatt – Centered around the just 22 year-old musician Magnus Grilstad, Heimatt consists of some of Denmark’s most experienced indie- and folk musicians.
- Kirsten & Søren aka Hot Eyes – The duo behind Danish Eurovision entrants Hot Eyes (1984, 1985 and 1988) makes a special appearance at Euro Fan Café for an afternoon concert.
- Danish night with Soluna Samay and Glamboy P – On the 9th of May Euro Fan Café will be celebrating the Danish participation in Eurovision throughout the years with the performing of two special Danish acts.
- Celebration at the Rainbow Square – Friday the 9th of May from 17.00 until 17.30 Copenhagen Pride celebrates Copenhagen City’s decision on honouring the fight for equal rights for sexual minorities by naming a central square after the international LGBT-symbol, the Rainbow flag.
- EuroClub (ongoing) – EuroClub will be located in music venue VEGA, in Copenhagen’s vibrant Vesterbro neighborhood. EuroClub is the VIP nightclub for all the stars, delegates, press and some lucky fans during Eurovision Song Contest 2014.
- Eurovision Fan Mile (ongoing) – The Fan Mile meanders along the city’s main pedestrian shopping street Strøget past squares, among others Eurovision Village, where one will experience many different Eurovision-related events and happenings.
- Eurovision Village Green Room – The Green Room in Eurovision Village is really a greenroom, with free environmental activities for children and their families during the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 in Copenhagen.
- Euro Fan Café (ongoing) – The Euro Fan Café is the place to be when Eurovision Song Contest 2014 takes place in Copenhagen.
- Harbour bus to/from B&W Hallerne, Eurovision Island (ongoing) – Take the harbour bus to B&W Hallerne on Eurovision Island, Refshaleøen and get a true maritime experience before the show.
- STAR Factory (ongoing) – STAR Factory is Copenhagen’s first LGTBQ Pop up club, where you can party every day from 1 – 10 May 2014.
- Copenhagen City Hall Familytour (ongoing) – During Eurovision week, Copenhagen City Hall offers short tours for families who want to explore the city.
- Copenhagen City Hall midnightour (ongoing) – Take a thrilling tour through the Copenhagen City Hall’s beautiful rooms and halls, and experience the bells chime at midnight while overlooking the city.
- Eurovision week at Club Pan (ongoing) – The legendary and biggest gay venue in Copenhagen re-opens extra ordinarily for the Eurovision week only!
- DJ (Eurovision) (ongoing) – Concert with a DJ.
- New takes on the Eurovision Song Contest in Dome of Visions (ongoing) – Chill out and listen to speed talks with new takes on the Eurovision Song Contest and the city of Copenhagen.
- Picnic for two (ongoing) – Malmö is now even closer than a 29-minutes train ride. Get a private chunk of the Swedish nature on an en-route afternoon picnic in the city center of Copenhagen, or soak up a moment of festival atmosphere after dark.
- #JoinUs Cake – On the occasion of the Eurovision Song Contest, La Glace has created a wonderful cake-symphony called “#JoinUS”.
Eurovision 2014 performances around the city
Dress rehearsals & Jury show
Two dress rehearsals are scheduled for today at B&W Hallern in Copenhagen. This will see all the participants of the Grand Final give their best, and we’ll be on-hand to give you the latest as it happens.
- First dress rehearsal: 14:00 – 17:30 CET
- Second dress rehearsal/Jury show: 21:00 – 00:30 CET
Participating finalists (in their running order)
- [Ukraine] Ukraine – Introducing | Interview
- [Belarus] Belarus Introducing | Interview
- [Azerbaijan] Azerbaijan – Introducing | Interview
- [Iceland] Iceland – Introducing | Interview
- [Norway] Norway Introducing | Interview
- [Romania] Romania Introducing | Interview
- [Armenia] Armenia – Introducing | Interview
- [Montenegro] Montenegro – Introducing | Interview
- [Poland] Poland Introducing
- [Greece] Greece Introducing | Interview
- [Austria] Austria Introducing
- [Germany] Germany – Introducing
- [Sweden] Sweden – Introducing
- [France] France – Introducing
- [Russia] Russia – Introducing
- [Italy] Italy – Introducing
- [Slovenia] Slovenia Introducing | Interview
- [Finland] Finland Introducing | Interview
- [Spain] Spain – Introducing | Interview
- [Switzerland] Switzerland Introducing | Interview
- [Hungary] Hungary – Introducing | Interview
- [Malta] Malta Introducing | Interview
- [Denmark] Denmark – Introducing
- [The Netherlands] The Netherlands – Introducing
- [San Marino] San Marino – Introducing | Interview
- [United Kingdom] United Kingdom – Introducing
For the latest on the Eurovision Song Contest, stay tuned to esctoday.com