It’s that time of year again, with the annual Barbara Dex awards being announced alongside the Eurovision Song Contest. The awards are in honour of the worst dressed contestant at each contest.
The Barbara Dex Award is the annual prize for the worst dressed artist in the contest. The award is named after Barbara Dex, who represented Belgium in the 1993 contest. She wore a seethrough, self-made ensemble on the evening of her performance, which was ranked by fans and critics as the ultimate crime against fashion inEurovision history.
- Moje 3 Ljubav je svuda Serbia 2013
- Rona Nishliu Suus Albania 2012
- Eldrine One more day Georgia 2011
- Milan Stankovic Ovo je Balkan Serbia 2010
- Zoli Adok Dance with me Hungary 2009
- Gisela Casanova Andorra 2008
- Verka Serduchka Dancing lasha tumbai Ukraine 2007
- Nonstop Coisas de nada Portugal 2006
- Martin Vucic Make my day Macedonia 2005
- Sanda Ladosi I admit Romania 2004
- t.A.T.u. Ne ver’, ne boisja Russia 2003
- Michalis Rakintzis S.A.G.A.P.O. Greece 2002
- Piasek 2 long Poland 2001
- Nathalie Sorce Envie de vivre Belgium 2000
- Lydia No quiero escuchar Spain 1999
- Guildo Horn Guildo hat euch lieb Germany 1998
- Debbie Scerri Let me fly Malta 1997
You can register your vote for this year’s Barbara Dex award here. The following press release from Edwin van Thillo at eurovisionhouse.nl clarifies the regulations.
The voting will commence on Sunday the 11th of may 2014 at 18:00 CET. The ballot will close on Sunday the 19th of may 2014, also at 18:00 CET. The result will be made public shortly after. A person is eligible to vote only once. Suspicious votes, double votes, incomplete votes (without a name of the voter, for instance) and votes that have been cast too early or too late will be deleted and will not count towards the award.
With a wealth of potential nominees from this years contest in Copenhagen, who do you think deserves the award this year?