We’re live at the Eurovision Song Contest, and all the big events in Copenhagen, with our team on the ground to bring you the best coverage from every corner of the city.
LIVE from Copenhagen, the second semi-final of the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 will air tonight, beginning at 21:00 CET. This will see all the participants of the second semi-final give their best, and we’ll be on-hand to give you the latest as it happens.[alert-info]
The show will be aired at 21:00 CET
- Eurovision.tv webcast
- The show will be aired live on networks throughout the European Broadcasting Union. Check local listings.
- [Malta] Malta Introducing | Interview
- [Israel] Israel Introducing | Interview
- [Norway] Norway Introducing | Interview
- [Georgia] Georgia Introducing
- [Poland] Poland Introducing
- [Austria] Austria Introducing
- [Lithuania] Lithuania Introducing | Interview
- [Finland] Finland Introducing | Interview
- [Ireland] Ireland Introducing
- [Belarus] Belarus Introducing | Interview
- [FYR Macedonia] FYR Macedonia Introducing | Interview
- [Switzerland] Switzerland Introducing | Interview
- [Greece] Greece Introducing | Interview
- [Slovenia] Slovenia Introducing | Interview
- [Romania] Romania Introducing | Interview
Semi-Final 2 Dress Rehearsal & Press Conference
- Rehearsal 15:00 – 17:00 CET
- Press event 23:00 – 00:15 CET *after the live event
Events around Copenhagen
There are a number of events planned in Copenhagen today, including:
- Golden Brass/Sct. Annæ Girls Choir
- AIDS Foundation’s Kiss Chain – The message reads KISS PREJUDICE GOODBYE, the goal is to beat the world record, the hope is to create the world’s most diverse kiss.
- Danish X Factor singer Jean Michel – Tonight, it is time for the Eurovision Song Contest 2nd semi-final, which you can watch on the big screen. Warm up with the Danish X Factor singer, Jean Michel.
- DJ Helle Zebitz spins Eurovision classics – Warm up with DJ Helle Zebitz (DK) who will be spinning pop and Eurovision classics.
- Julias Moon – Julias Moon made its debut in 2013 with the hit single Bay. With electronic cutting-edge productions, the trio creates a modern Scandinavian sound.
- Opening Ceremony of Beijing Week – Kites will fly high, Diabolo wheels will spin and acrobats and dancers will make sure that you experience Beijing at its best, when China invades Højbro Plads with color and culture. *a number of related events will take place today.
- Kirsten & Søren aka Hot Eyes – The Eurovision veterans won a couple of times and represented Denmark in the Eurovision. No Eurovision without Kirsten and Søren.
- Eurovision-oke – Last year’s very popular Eurovision karaoke returns to Euro Fan Café. And with an added bonus – if you want to compete as this year’s best Eurovision-oke-ist, you are welcome to sing your heart out and perform in a final on 8 May against your fellow fans.
- DJ Mei Ling – Lars Meiling is DJ, musician and songwriter. He grew up to the sounds of Led Zeppelin and the Stones, and like all other Danish children also with the sound of Eurovision songs on TV.
- EuroClub (ongoing) – EuroClub will be located in music venue VEGA, in Copenhagen’s vibrant Vesterbro neighborhood. EuroClub is the VIP nightclub for all the stars, delegates, press and some lucky fans during Eurovision Song Contest 2014.
- Eurovision Fan Mile (ongoing) – The Fan Mile meanders along the city’s main pedestrian shopping street Strøget past squares, among others Eurovision Village, where one will experience many different Eurovision-related events and happenings.
- Eurovision Village Green Room – The Green Room in Eurovision Village is really a greenroom, with free environmental activities for children and their families during the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 in Copenhagen.
- Euro Fan Café (ongoing) – The Euro Fan Café is the place to be when Eurovision Song Contest 2014 takes place in Copenhagen.
- Harbour bus to/from B&W Hallerne, Eurovision Island (ongoing) – Take the harbour bus to B&W Hallerne on Eurovision Island, Refshaleøen and get a true maritime experience before the show.
- STAR Factory (ongoing) – STAR Factory is Copenhagen’s first LGTBQ Pop up club, where you can party every day from 1 – 10 May 2014.
- Copenhagen City Hall Familytour (ongoing) – During Eurovision week, Copenhagen City Hall offers short tours for families who want to explore the city.
- Copenhagen City Hall midnightour (ongoing) – Take a thrilling tour through the Copenhagen City Hall’s beautiful rooms and halls, and experience the bells chime at midnight while overlooking the city.
- Eurovision week at Club Pan (ongoing) – The legendary and biggest gay venue in Copenhagen re-opens extra ordinarily for the Eurovision week only!
- DJ (Eurovision) (ongoing) – Concert with a DJ.
- New takes on the Eurovision Song Contest in Dome of Visions (ongoing) – Chill out and listen to speed talks with new takes on the Eurovision Song Contest and the city of Copenhagen.
- Picnic for two (ongoing) – Malmö is now even closer than a 29-minutes train ride. Get a private chunk of the Swedish nature on an en-route afternoon picnic in the city center of Copenhagen, or soak up a moment of festival atmosphere after dark.
- #JoinUs Cake – On the occasion of the Eurovision Song Contest, La Glace has created a wonderful cake-symphony called “#JoinUS”.
Eurovision 2014 performances around the city
- Public viewing: Second semi-final at Jailhouse CPH, Never Mind Night Club, STAR Factory, Pride Square, Eurovision Village
- Eurovision Village performances from Portugal: Suzy, Ukraine: Mariya Yaremchuk, Denmark: Basim
For the latest on the Eurovision Song Contest, stay tuned to esctoday.com