We’re live at the Eurovision Song Contest, and all the big events in Copenhagen, with our team on the ground to bring you the best coverage from every corner of the city.
Events around Copenhagen
There are a number of events planned in Copenhagen today, including:
- Bryan Rice – Experience Bryan on stage with his 4 man acoustic setup, or as host on the same stage throughout the week.
- Krista & The Ding Dong Dancers – With her Ding Dong Dancers in town, she returns to the glory of the Euro Fan Café for a live performance.
- Echo Me – Jesper Madsen is the Danish songwriter behind Echo Me. He’s been writing songs since the age of 10, starting with “borrowing” lyrics from artists found in his parents’ collection.
- Mother Lewinsky – Mother Lewinsky is a collaboration between three musicians who embraces everything from classical music history to the rhythmic pop / rock genre.
- Swedish Eve – Today, Eurovicious Pride Square is dedicated to Denmark’s blue and yellow Swedish neighbours as a tribute to the fabulous ESC they hosted last year in Malmö.
- Copenhagen Police Band – Take a relaxing break with great music on the small square outside Helligaandskirken church.
- Long John Jam – Mr. and Mrs. Johnson give a little show when they stop their old carrier cycle for playing on piano and trumpet.
- Euro Fan Café (ongoing) – The Euro Fan Café is the place to be when Eurovision Song Contest 2014 takes place in Copenhagen.
- Harbour bus to/from B&W Hallerne, Eurovision Island (ongoing) – Take the harbour bus to B&W Hallerne on Eurovision Island, Refshaleøen and get a true maritime experience before the show.
- STAR Factory (ongoing) – STAR Factory is Copenhagen’s first LGTBQ Pop up club, where you can party every day from 1 – 10 May 2014.
- Copenhagen City Hall Familytour (ongoing) – During Eurovision week, Copenhagen City Hall offers short tours for families who want to explore the city.
- Copenhagen City Hall midnightour (ongoing) – Take a thrilling tour through the Copenhagen City Hall’s beautiful rooms and halls, and experience the bells chime at midnight while overlooking the city.
- Eurovision week at Club Pan (ongoing) – The legendary and biggest gay venue in Copenhagen re-opens extra ordinarily for the Eurovision week only!
- DJ (Eurovision) – Concert with a DJ.
Eurovision 2014 performances around the city
- Eurovision Village performances from Greece: Freaky Fortune feat. RiskyKidd, Belarus: TEO, Lithuania: Vilija Matačiūnaitė, Spain: Ruth Lorenzo, Austria: Conchita Wurst
- Euro Fan Cafe performance from Switzerland, Malta & Lithuania
Dress rehearsals & Jury show
Two dress rehearsals are scheduled for today at B&W Hallern in Copenhagen. This will see all the participants of the first semi-final give their best, and we’ll be on-hand to give you the latest as it happens.
- First dress rehearsal: 15:00 – 17:30 CET
- Second dress rehearsal/Jury show: 21:00 – 23:00 CET
Participating semi-finalists (in their running order)
- [Armenia] Armenia – Introducing | Interview
- [Latvia] Latvia – Introducing | Interview
- [Estonia] Estonia – Introducing | Interview
- [Sweden] Sweden – Introducing
- [Iceland] Iceland – Introducing | Interview
- [Albania] Albania – Introducing | Interview
- [Russia] Russia – Introducing
- [Azerbaijan] Azerbaijan – Introducing | Interview
- [Ukraine] Ukraine – Introducing | Interview
- [Belgium] Belgium – Introducing | Interview
- [Moldova] Moldova – Introducing | Interview
- [San Marino] San Marino – Introducing | Interview
- [Portugal] Portugal – Introducing | Interview
- [The Netherlands] The Netherlands – Introducing
- [Montenegro] Montenegro – Introducing | Interview
- [Hungary] Hungary – Introducing | Interview
For the latest on the Eurovision Song Contest, stay tuned to esctoday.com