We’re kicking off the 2014 Eurovision events in Copenhagen, and we’ve got our team on the ground to bring you the best coverage from every corner of the city.
Events around Copenhagen
There are a number of events planned in Copenhagen today, including:
- Recreation Square Music Service – Take a break with cakes, coffee, tea and relaxation on Recreation Square on the small square outside Helligaandskirken church halfway up – or down – the Eurovison Fan Mile on the shopping street Strøget.
- EuroClub – EuroClub is the VIP nightclub for all the stars, delegates, press and some lucky fans during Eurovision Song Contest 2014.
- Jessica Mauboy – Australia have been trying to join for years. This year we let them, at least in Eurovision Village, and they have chosen platinum selling artist, Jessica Mauboy, to take on this unique challenge.
- Eurovision Scavenger Hunt – Assemble a team and grab a map, because it is time to explore Copenhagen for Eurovision treasures.
- Europhoria (US) – A late-night party held by New York’s finest Eurovision club night, making their return to the Euro Fan Café for the second year.
- Sunday Chillout – Come and party with the local LGBT crowd at Eurovicious Pride Square on the city’s recently named Regnbuepladsen (Rainbow Square).
- 2MANYBEARDS – Tonight 2MANYBEARDS (DK) will be in charge of the music – the two talented DJs will let you chill on this fantastic ESC Sunday.
- Eurovision Village performances from Latvia: Aarzemnieki, Switzerland: Sebalter, Malta: Firelight, Albania: Hersi Matmuja, San Marino: Valentina Monetta, F.Y.R. Macedonia: Tijana Dapcevic
- Euro Fan Café – The Euro Fan Café is the place to be when Eurovision Song Contest 2014 takes place in Copenhagen.
- Eurovision Village Street Food – Food festival Copenhagen Cooking serves organic street food for seven days.
- Eurovision Fan Mile – The Fan Mile meanders along the city’s main pedestrian shopping street Strøget past squares, among others Eurovision Village, where one will experience many different Eurovision-related events and happenings.
- skyLINE – Explore Copenhagen’s and Europe’s architectural skyline through the light installation project skyLINE on the B&W building.
- Eurovision Village Green Room – The Green Room in Eurovision Village is really a greenroom, with free environmental activities for children and their families during the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 in Copenhagen.
- Eurovision Village Kids’ Zone – The kids too can look forward to a whole week of fun. The event programme also features entertainment for the youngest fans.
- DJ (Eurovision) – DJ concert in Eurovision Village.
- Refshaleøen – from factory to self-sufficiency – On this guided tour, you will get a rare look at what used to be the largest industrial work place in Copenhagen.
- Eurovision Song Contest 2014 Opening Ceremony
As the rehearsals are underway, there will also be a press event with the hosts of the Eurovision Song Contest from 11:50 – 12:20 CET. This will be the first time rehearsing for the “Big 5” and Denmark at the B&W Hallerne in Copenhagen. This will be a closed event for participants and delegations only, and we will report as the news comes. Each rehearsal will last approximately 30 minutes, with a press event for each country scheduled later in the day. The scheduled times and details are listed below.
Rehearsal 10:00 – 10:30 CET
Press event 12:20 – 12:40 CET
[United Kingdom] Introducing
Rehearsal 10:40 – 11:10 CET
Press event 13:00 – 13:20 CET
Rehearsal 11:20 – 11:50 CET
Press event 13:40 – 14:00 CET
Rehearsal 12:00 – 12:30 CET
Press event 14:20 – 14:40 CET
Rehearsal 13:30 – 14:00 CET
Press event 15:50 – 16:10 CET
For the latest on the Eurovision Song Contest, stay tuned to esctoday.com