The second show of the Sanremo Italian Song Festival took place last night.
All the 14 artists of the Big Category performed their entries, selected by a 50/50 deliberation via a special panel of judges and televoting during the first two nights. Hence a deliberation via televoting, that will allot 25% of the total points during the final on Saturday 16 February, has determined a preliminary ranking but any of the songs has been eliminated from the competition.
Below you can find the list of the artists of the Big Category, by classification:
- Marco Mengoni – L’essenziale
- Modà – Se si potesse non morire
- Annalisa – Scintille
- Chiara Galiazzo – Il futuro che sarà
- Raphael Gualazzi – Sai (Ci basta un sogno)
- Simona Molinari and Peter Cincotti – La felicità
- Maria Nazionale – E’ colpa mia
- Elio e le Storie Tese – La canzone mononota
- Daniele Silvestri – A bocca chiusa
- Max Gazzè – Sotto casa
- Simone Cristicchi – La prima volta (che sono morto)
- Malika Ayane – E se poi
- Marta sui tubi – Vorrei
- Almamegretta – Mamma non lo sa
The last 2 songs of the Giovani Category also made their way to the final, that will take place during the fourth night show, on Friday 15 February.
The following songs were chosen by the jury and the televoting:
While the following songs were knocked out from the competition:
The event, aired live by RAI, Radio Televisione Italiana, can be watched again here on the official RAI website.
Italy will announce their 2013 Eurovision representative during the last night of the Sanremo Festival, on Saturday 16 February. It is not clear yet if the singer will be selected from the Giovani Category, as it happened with Raphael Gualazzi in 2011, or from the Big Category, like Nina Zilli last year.
Stay tuned to Esctoday.com for the latest information on the 2013 Sanremo Song Festival.