The fourth night of the 63rd edition of the Sanremo Italian Song Festival will take place tonight at the Teatro Ariston, hosted by Fabio Fazio and Luciana Littizzetto.
Special guests at the event will be the singer Caetano Veloso, the composer and pianist Stefano Bollani and Pippo Baudo, (have hosted Sanremo Song Festival a total of 13 times).
Tonight will be the Sanremo story night. All the 14 artists of the Big Category will perform an old song of the Italian Song Festival history ( there will be no voting), while the 4 singers of the Giovani Category will perform their entries in the final: a 50/50 deliberation via a special panel of judges and televoting will decide who will be the winner.
Below you can find the list of the artists of the Big Category and all the songs they are going to perform:
- Almamegretta with James Senese – Il ragazzo della via Gluck by Adriano Celentano
- Annalisa Scarrone with Emma Marrone – Per Elisa by Alice, who represented Italy with Franco Battiato at the 1984 Eurovision Song Contest
- Chiara Galiazzo – Almeno tu nell’universo by Mia Martini, who represented Italy at the Eurovision Song Contest in 1977 and 1992
- Daniele Silvestri – Piazza grande by Lucio Dalla
- Elio e le storie tese with Rocco Siffredi – Un bacio piccolissimo by Robertino
- Malika Ayane – Cosa hai messo nel caffè by Antoine
- Marco Mengoni – Ciao amore ciao by Dalida and Luigi Tenco
- Maria Nazionale with Mauro di Domenico – Perdere l’amore by Massimo Ranieri, who represented Italy at the Eurovision Song Contest in 1971 and 1973
- Marta sui Tubi with Antonella Ruggiero, who represented Italy at the 1979 Eurovision Song Contest with the group Matia Bazar – Nessuno by Wilma de Angelis and Betty Curtis, who represented Italy at the 1961 Eurovision Song Contest
- Max Gazzè – Ma che freddo fa by Nada
- Modà – Io che non vivo by Pino Donaggio and Jody Miller
- Raphael Gualazzi – Luce (tramonti a nord est) by Elisa
- Simona Molinari with Peter Cincotti and Franco Cerri – Tua by Juliana de Palma and Tonina Torrielli, who represented Italy at the 1956 Eurovision Song Contest
- Simone Cristicchi – Canzone per te by Roberto Carlos and Sergio Endrigo, who represented Italy at the 1968 Eurovision Song Contest
Below you can find the list of the artists of the Giovani Category who will compete tonight:
- Blastema – Dietro l’intima ragione
- Renzo Rubino – Il postino (Amami uomo)
- Antonio Maggio – Mi servirebbe sapere
- Ilaria Porceddu – In equilibrio
The event will be aired live by RAI, Radio Televisione Italiana, and via Eurovision by the EBU, European Broadcasting Union. You can watch the show live on RAI 1 Channel at 20:30 CET or via webcast on the official RAI website here.
Italy will announce their 2013 Eurovision representative during the last night of the Sanremo Festival, on Saturday16 February. It is not clear yet if the singer will be selected from the Giovani Category, as it happened with Raphael Gualazzi in 2011, or selected from the Big Category, like Nina Zilli last year.
Stay tuned to Esctoday.com for the latest information on the 2013 Sanremo Song Festival.