Armenia set to return in 2013

Armenia, News 27 May 2012
Written by:
Armenia set to return in 2013

Armenian public broadcaster ARMTV has the intention to return to the Eurovision Song Contest next year in Sweden. According to them, “Armenia in Eurovision 2013 will be on the list of participants”.

Back on March 7th, the Armenian public broadcaster confirmed the country’s withdrawal from Eurovision 2012. Jon Ola Sand, executive supervisor of the competition, declared then: ”Despite the efforts of the EBU and the Host Broadcaster to ensure a smooth participation for the Armenian delegation in this year’s Contest, circumstances beyond our control lead to this unfortunate decision.”

Armenia debuted in Eurovision in 2006. Their best result to date was 4th in 2008 with Sirusho and the song ‘Qele qele’. Last year, Emmy did not manage to qualify for the final.

Source: ARMTV, eurovision.tv
Picture: ARMTV

Victor Hondal

1. Mirey Mimmi M
    May 29, 2012 at 17:36

I’m both happy & very proud that my culture country Armenia is coming to my homwcountry Sweden in next year!!!!!!! :D
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!! :D ;)

• Mirey Mimmi M
      May 29, 2012 at 17:38

homecountry*

2. banana b.
    May 29, 2012 at 13:33

if they say she attacks them*

3. Larus Armenicus
    May 29, 2012 at 13:27

Why some the people here so biased. @Lina also don’t like our song but I only respect to her music taste. Every people support their country and culture, it is very normal and some time @Lina support also Turkish songs but I don’t understand why people now attack to @Lina. Yes @Lina don’t interested to me but I criticize to biased behaves of the peoples. Please we try to friendly.

• banana b.
      May 29, 2012 at 13:32

Larus Lina doesn’t allow anyone to say something against Greece if they say they attack them and if she bashed your country every time i am sure u would also dislike her and why editors deleted my comment where i told just where r editors? why comments of larus r here for example?:S Larus if i were u i would be more careful don’t forget u were banned many times in old esctoday.

• banana b.
      June 8, 2012 at 14:44

Larus are you ok, your country wasn’t in the contest , so how come lina can dislike your song, bulls*ts and lies of Armenian trolls.

4. Larus Armenicus
    May 29, 2012 at 10:29

@ Dear tim tim, Yes I really want a friendly site. And I can understand that if a person love and defence their country song. Because also I love my country songs but @Lina each time expressed that the Qele Qele song of Siruısho’s is not good as a song. Despite I love the Qele Qele and also many people love this song. I am only respect to Linas taste or opinion. Yes I call her honest although she not supports me and she is not on my side. Only I am against some nations, they aren’t honesty, they statement about Armenians are “Enemy” and plus not only Armenians in Armenia but whole Armenians of the world. My dear, this is the real hatred and provocation. Yes ofcourse I know what is nice and honest. And I can not speak about user @Ata; he probably be a good user… also I try to respectful to other countries, but I never reflects political problems to my posts, also I try cares about songs but not the countries where they come from, but Only thing If Armenia this year can’t join to the ESC, only cause of this act is “hate”. I request
    to you please good searching about this action. It is known that the natural rules; relations of: Action – Reaction. The only Armenian reaction is not to join to the ESC 2012. Because Azerbaijani official autorities are expressed a clearly statement that “Armenians are whole world enemies of Azerbaijan” and what think you about this? It is very natural that everybody defence their country and culture, this is very normal behave I understand to @Lina in this point and I love all of the culture and nations of the world, I can’t hate onebody and I hope Armenians, Turks Greek, Azeris, Japanese and all of the other people live together. Liberty, Egality, Fraternity. But I only I am sad that If Armenia this year can’t join to the ESC 2012, only cause of this nonsence act is “Hate”.

5. 12 points
    May 28, 2012 at 23:44

So pointless argument here, please at least this year let us have a better site which is racist and hater free.Stop this nonsense please guys.

6. banana b.
    May 28, 2012 at 23:15

I think Lina must take a deep breath and relax, take it easy.

7. Larus Armenicus
    May 28, 2012 at 23:10

Dear friends, I think that about this site for music and friendship. there in this site a few honestly user and many people know that Lina is one of the honestly user. please no more attack and leave alone to the honestly people. good night for all.

• tim tim
      May 28, 2012 at 23:28

Laurus it is nice that if u really want a friendly site but sorry there is one user who ruins it by attacking everyone who dares to say something against Greek songs since days, u call her honest cause she supports u and she is on your side against some nations , this isn’t honesty dear, this is hatred and provocation, do u know what is nice and honest? it is Ata!Amazing person who always makes honest comments about music, always respectful to other countries, never reflects political problems to his posts, he cares about songs but not the countries where they come from, he ignores trolls ….etc etc , Lina is an example of typical blind nationalist who imagines and sees enemies everywhere and she is always ready to attack if u like the country that she hates and if u don’t like Greek or Cypriot entries but she thinks she can bash every country and it is very normal just others can’t say a word about her country’s songs if they do then they must be troll, fake ,Turk or liar. Luckily people read comments and see who is the freak.

8. ATA Türkiye
    May 28, 2012 at 22:56

Hey Tim!First i couldn’t notice who u r but the info u gave about your boyfriend helped me, hopefully all is ok for u 2 now and u r enjoying life, i i am fine thanks wasn’t so active on the site recently as well, i was busy with some other stuffs and summer is coming ,even still it is cold and rainy i hope soon we will see the sun so i won’t be inside the home too much,well i doubt if u can find a nice empty hotel in Antalya or Alanya in june or august , i read again all Russians and some others made many hotels to be full till september, Bodrum or cesme can be better options but they can be abit more expensive than Antalya, Alanya or Kusadasi, Marmaris, i don’t know where i will be this summer i am gonna also visit some other countries, when plans become clear i will tell u.

• tim tim
      May 28, 2012 at 23:06

@Ata yes now everything is fine, thank God! i have never heard about Marmaris but gonna check it,yes when i was in Antalia it was like Russia not Turkey but i can’t blame them wonderful resorts and weather there, i know about Bodrum but i think it is kinda too much expensive and invaded by snobbish Turkish girls who come to beach for bikini show with their little puppies on their hands lol hilarious! sorry but it is ridiculous ,ewww @ little Paris Hiltons, ehh i am gay so these girls turn me off lol anyway i am being off the topic sorry for it, please inform me and lets meet if we can.

9. tim tim
    May 28, 2012 at 22:47

Ata hey cutie! couldn’t catch u for a while, hope everything is fine for u , i had very bad days , for a very very long time my bf was in hospital and then some other health problems with his dad that is why i wasn’t visiting the site recently , just 3 weeks before the contest everything was ok , nice to see that u r still here and someone makes me to love your fantastic country more and more!!lol maybe we will come to Antalia or Bodrum for holidays and i hope we can see u too :P

10. Larus Armenicus
    May 28, 2012 at 22:06

@we are back, “Larus r u the same user with lina? ”
    Oh, Jesus! … No, now I don’t wonder about you but I am sure that I am wrong about you! I see that you are not honest user.
    IGNORE!

11. Lina the Cat
    May 28, 2012 at 22:04

@Avat Armenia of Course i remember, and you make the right move and you didnt participate. Cyprus should do the same beacuse Azerbaijan make a huge problems to Cyprus.

12. Lina the Cat
    May 28, 2012 at 22:00

@selin dont mension my name again , if one person is sick is you and your Turkish fellows with many profiles . And i didnt attack Turkey . I told you many times find my reactions with Turkey attacking but you didnt anser me back, your anser is to bushing me. That is your metality . You dont want Greeks to speak for Turkey. And this eyar Armenia withdraw beacuse Azerbaijani president fasist statement. That is fact !!! And dont try to find cheap eexcuses like “Armenia want to withdraw for politics and Azerbaijan are innocent ” . For me Azerbaijan should be ban for 6 years after that they done to Azerbaijani televoters before 2 years, but undercover turkish propaganda and money “forces” EBU to punish Azerbaijan with only 1.500 euro fees ( !!!! ) Since Azerbaijan wasnt quilty why EBU make that move ? We are not stupid , we are enough clever to understand everything !!!!

13. Larus Armenicus
    May 28, 2012 at 21:55

@we are back , ” i think really u r really a very jealous hater who always wants to see fightsand from now on don’t use my name in your silly comments, really people r right u r abnormaland need a doctor , all u want is to attack some peopleand the countries that u hate, i hope esctoday will ban u againand people will get rid of u, all u do is fighting with everyoneand attacking countries”
    @we are back, really I wonder to this your types. This words are can not belong to you, because I think that you are as a honestly user … I wonder that am I wrong about you? And because @Lina is a honestly user that is not only my opinion about Lina and a lot of user from Esctoday appreciate to Lina as a honestly girl.

• we are back
      May 28, 2012 at 22:05

Lina is a horrible user who fights and attacks to every user who doesn’t agree with her sick ideas.She is a liar and one of the users who kill the friendly environment here but really i will ignore her cause everyone who has a brain knows and sees that she is ill and needs a doctor.

14. Lina the Cat
    May 28, 2012 at 21:48

@tim tim = another Turk with many fake profiles..looooool

15. Lina the Cat
    May 28, 2012 at 21:47

@we are back i catch you to say lies now !!! Actuall you say in the past that your sister have a Turkish boyfriend now i confuse you with my comment and you say that you have turkish boyfriend, i thing your a turk and you have many profiles and you play games here , beacuse exept of “boyfriend” issue you fight always with Greeks and more with Armenians. From 50 reractions here half is yours and you try to defence Azerbaijan, why you care so much for Azerbaijan? Also i always saw you to defence ONLY Turkey and Azerbaijan, i didnt saw you to defence ANY other nation who was bushing from your fellows like Greece for example. And also i didnt saw you to blame Azerbaijan when arrest an Armenia song voters in Azerbaijan. Thats why i say that your not obsective person here. Gosh that site is not Eurovision site but became a site for users who is under Turkolagnia….

• AvatArmenia 85
      May 28, 2012 at 21:50

Lina don’t you remember our old conversation about trolls?

• we are back
      May 28, 2012 at 22:03

Lina u force me to answer u with your lies! one of the editors know me and that i am hungarian stop saying lies and thinking everybody who finds u sick is a turk! what kind of person u r !, first of all i don’t have a sister! i have a brother!!! and he has a turkish gf ! i had a turkish bf some years ago but now i have A german one, does it mean lie! u r the liar!! who r u to judge and talk about my person life and blame me to be a liar?My best friend is married to an Armenian soooooo? please go and see a doctor , u attack everyone and when people answer u, u say they must be turk and liars, u r very abnormal, i have never met such an abnormal person like u so i can’t understand how your brain works!I fighted with u and some hateful users one of these users was Azeri!!!!!! u r horrible, u and your other racist friend just tried to bring hate and u all want people to swear at Azerbaijan and Turkey when they don’t do, u blame them to be haters and Turks, do u know why? because it is what u do! u play games here! u have many accounts! my accounts were checked and it is proved i didn’t lie so i didn’t get a ban but u and your friends did many times! editors showed all of your games ! U weren’t calling me a turk when i was defending your Ivi and fighting with others to defend cyprus!!!!! Really u r abnormal thats why it is impossible to communicate with u, u see turks everywhere and it shows your jealousy , fear and inferiority complex , u make people to feel sympathy towards Turks here with your 24/7 attacks!

16. tim tim
    May 28, 2012 at 21:30

Looooooooool now the user called Lina is attacking the politest and nicest user ever we r back loooooool and the reason is she said lets don’t fight, how dare u we r back? how can u say lets love each other and don’t fight? Lina comes here to fight and insult countries and users , don’t do this thing to her haha.This girl needs a therapist.

• ATA Türkiye
      May 28, 2012 at 21:51

Welcome back Armenia, i am excited to hear a rock entry from u this year. Guys this girl isn’t sane , she isn’t worth anything, she will always find a reason to attack u and to some countries or she can attack u without a reason, it is her character , just try to ignore like i do .@Welcome back i couldn’t agree with u more, it is very nice to see lovely people like u around, in this site we must leave every problem behind and focus on music in order to make objective and respectful comments but i think it is something only mature, sane and normal brains can do ;)

• tim tim
        May 28, 2012 at 22:47

17. Larus Armenicus
    May 28, 2012 at 21:29

@we are back,
    Yes, I waste effort and try to look with beautiful eyes always but unfortunately otherside Azeri friends are declare to us as “Enemy”; nothing to be done.

• we are back
      May 28, 2012 at 21:42

Larus r u the same user with lina? your english is same with hers but it isn’t important first of all I am Hungarian and never met an Azeri person in my life but u want me to swear at them and when i don’t them, u attack me just like abnormal user lina, i don’t attack any country cause i love all countries and respect all of them , did i say something wrong and u attack me? no i didn’t say anything bad! just i told lets don’t fight , i blamed both azeris and armenians to behave childish but i didn’t insult them, is it something bad to want peace? must all users behave like the user lina and want fight? she isn’t normal, she is ill but i am not that is why i don’t like to see fights , i like to see people talking about eurovision this is an eurovision site! we aren’t here to solve your problems! what is the reason that you attack me tell me? people told azerbaijan and armenia must be out of eurovision and i told no to them, is it my mistake?! really it is very hard try to talk people who r sick, can’t understand english and have some mental problems! i can’t blame 2 haters r fighting with me cause i typed i love everyone and i want peace and a friendly site! ok their countries aren’t in europe but i see their minds aren’t also european at all and u won’t achieve to take me into your fights, you are the users who got banned many times so it shows that what kind of people u r !i won’t answer u but i hope editors will see your comments!

18. Lina the Cat
    May 28, 2012 at 21:02

@We are back your not observer person here since you have Turkish boyfriend…

• we are back
      May 28, 2012 at 21:27

No i don’t have a Turkish boyfriend anymore now i have a german boyfriend! but even if i had so what? What is your aim Lina ,why u attack everyone? did i saY something bad? all i say is lets be friendly here! r u a normal person or your hate towards turks made u insane? what kind of silly and ugly comment was it? i say i love everyone and every country lets forget about politics and be respectful and lovely to each other, lets enjoy eurovision without inults and look what u say, did i insult a country or a nation? i think really u r really a very jealous hater who always wants to see fights and from now on don’t use my name in your silly comments, really people r right u r abnormal and need a doctor , all u want is to attack some people and the countries that u hate, i hope esctoday will ban u again and people will get rid of u, all u do is fighting with everyone and attacking countries.

• selin TR
      May 28, 2012 at 21:32

This girl is really sick, she is obsessed with Turks really all her comments contain the word Turkey or Turks, jealous sicko.

19. Larus Armenicus
    May 28, 2012 at 20:35

@we are back, I thank you for your truely writing. Only thing If Armenia this year can’t join to the ESC, only cause of this act is “hate”. I request
    to you please good searching about this action. Everybody know that it is a natural rules; relations of: Action – Reaction. The only Armenian reaction is not to join to the ESC 2012. Because Azerbaijani autorities are clearly statement that Armenians are whole world enemys of Azerbaijan.

• we are back
      May 28, 2012 at 20:47

Larus but in everywhere i see hateful comments from Armenians too, i don’t think they love Azerbaijan this is why i typed this hatred is 2 sided and i also saw your comments about them many times which were full of hate, u can dislike them and they can dislike u, it is none of my business but i think in this site u must behave civilized and respectful cause this isn’t a site for just armenian and azeri users, all nations can visit it and many people don’t like to see fights, insults or comments of just some nations .I don’t come here to read what is going on between armenia or azerbaijan or what r their political problems, if i wanted to learn about it i could visit other sites, both countries made mistakes but please try to talk about each others music here not political problems, everybody says armenians and azeris r very similar people so i think u can also understand each other if u try to act friendly but u don’t have to do it just at least please don’t disturb other users with your politic problems, i love both of the countries’ music , i am happy that they r in the contest but this childish attitude make me to change my opinion. please people lets enjoy eurovision and stop the hate, no nation is bad , no country is ugly if u can look with beautiful eyes :)

20. Larus Armenicus
    May 28, 2012 at 17:26

Dear “we are back”,
    I say again that “If there are a “hatred” in middle area, it is not belong to Armenia” this is my word is not wrong. But in other side is very difficult to endure the violating Human rights and Democracy. I am sorry my bad english.

• we are back
      May 28, 2012 at 17:38

Larus Armenian sorry but hated belongs to both side and everyone sees it clearly, u hate azeris , azeris hate u and unfortunately it is even like it in this site too, if there is no hate in u why the comments of armenian r here full of hate or propaganda towards azerbaijan including yours and i don’t see any azeri user in the site. or why u and your other nicks got banned in old esctoday? the reason was hate, please stop it cause of people like u i wasn’t even commenting in ex chat, cause all the time fights fights fights! and same people are the reasons of it, stop it! be respectful and don’t bring hate or politics in articles, armenia is back be happy with it instead of using it as a political discussion form, my words r for everyone enough! what will u gain with this hate! can’t u respect to other esc fans who don’t like your silly discussions , if u don’t like politics, human rights or anything about a country join the organizations but esctoday isn’t a site for this thing! where is music in your comments?where is friendship? where is respect? is it the europe that we r proud of? it is full of hate! every country has some problems but at least they don’t show it here !bosnians serbs and croatians were in a very big war just some years ago but why they don’t act like u do! many of u got banned and now u use the chance to come back but u didn’t change i hope again all u will be banned enough is enough, is this a politic, hateful site or a music site ! u even made me angry and i am a very calm person in real but really all of haters must be out of europe in everything!

• banana b.
        May 28, 2012 at 17:50

I agree with u, hate belongs to both sides but at least escfans must try to not show it in music sites, for me there is no difference between azeri or armenian people , they must just grow up .

• A.M. Demian
          May 28, 2012 at 18:35

That’s your opinion – others speak out THEIR mind. If they think about more than just songs, you have to respect that, like you will be respected, too. -Fine-

• we are back
            May 28, 2012 at 18:46

No i don’t and i won’t respect such problematic minds , u don’t belong to europe , think whatever u want or do whatever u want in your life but u can’t bring your hatred and ugly propaganda to esctoday, u can’t disturb other people with your hate, u can’t try to make us to hate and bash some countries, i love everyone in europe and i include the caucasian states to europe as well,i don’t come here to provoke people like u do and to say lets hate these countries, why i must hate some countries even i don’t like their government, does everyone like my government, does everything nice in my country, all your comments r hateful and provocative, u were saying europe must be divided too, u r very dangerous i think i am afraid of brains like u they remind me someone who did horrible things in europe, go and spread your hate and propaganda in other sites but enough stop this hate in this site,all u say is lets hate this country, lets punish them, lets have a new divided europe, what is this crap , i dont come here to see hate, there is already so much hate outside , i want to talk with people who love esc like me! enough with haters! if u r really european show tolerance, love and respect if u can’t just don’t disturb us !

21. we are back
    May 28, 2012 at 17:12

I will report these users to esctoday.com .

22. Lina the Cat
    May 28, 2012 at 17:00

@banana i didnt saw any proofs for anything and actuall i dont care so much about this issue, i just say what Cypriot commentator says ( maybe Cypriot delegation have some information about that issue ) . As for protest in Baku from group of people against gay rights this is trouth.

• we are back
      May 28, 2012 at 17:11

Lina in all countries there are groups who are against gays including Cyprus,Greece,Russia,my country Hungary even in Netherlands,Denmark and many many others it is really sad but it doesn’t mean all people think like that or the whole nation is hater :S
      Lauries Armenian u say it isn’t the hate of Armenia but still your comments include hate, why Armenia and Azerbaijan r always like it, you make people to dislike your countries with this attitude and hatred, everybody is fed up with fights between armenian and azeri users, u don’t have the right to do it, this isn’t your site, many nations visit it and you must be respectful, can’t you be civilized and behave like normal esc fans, forget your governments or politics at least in esctoday please.

23. Larus Armenicus
    May 28, 2012 at 16:56

“we are back says
    2012-05-28 02:21:49

guys we are a big family here, some countries can have politic problems but please in this site dont show it to us and really i hate politicians, they spread hate , our aim must be music please guys stop being hateful or provocative, lets have a nice friendly site.”

Friends, I agree with kindly regards of @ “we are back” if we are in side by music, we should not write about “hatred”. If there are a “hatred” in middle area, it is not belong to Armenia. but other hand we should to care that not the “hatred” infected to the Eurovision Song Contest. In the fore of our eyes while violating the rules of Democracy and Human Right, how can we mentioned about Victory of ESC?

24. This is my opinion
    May 28, 2012 at 16:08

A.M. Demian
    Oh really! talking about reality, my comment was perfectly real or reality, Azerbaijan did fantastic show Armenia was absent with hatred and we all know it happend for real, so what is unreal is you but you can carry on

25. This is my opinion
    May 28, 2012 at 15:44

banana b. hatred shouldn’t be brough to the eurovision ( thats what my comment was all about), but armenia did for not participating making safety their excuse, no if it was for safety they wprobably would love to go to azerbaijan and one or 2 get hurt to ruin Azerbaijan chance of organising good esc, or giving them bad name, no armenia wasn’t guaranteed that that was gonna happen so insted they wanted to stay at home and with no proof that they wont be safe in azerbaijan but just make an excuse staying at home with hatred lol, anyway, good luck armenia hope you are satesfied and congratulation to Azerbaijan victory and having organised wonderful show

• A.M. Demian
      May 28, 2012 at 15:55

You’re comments are a One-Way-not-Reality!

26. This is my opinion
    May 28, 2012 at 15:38

Azerbaijan only participated 5 years they already got one victory unlike some other countries participated for looong years and some not even reached top 3 or even top 5 lol, Azerbaijan won and did great job this year hosting this event while Armenia were standing alone at home with hatred and thats the end of it, so please no more words, thank you

27. just me and my guitar...
    May 28, 2012 at 15:13

I am glad, that’s good news ! Although I have to admit I got used to the contest without seeing the usual votes from Armenian diaspora..

28. we are back
    May 28, 2012 at 14:21

• A.M. Demian
      May 28, 2012 at 15:53

At least, you are right, but it must be allowed to mention a few things. I really do not like to play peaceful and naive, when ist comes to human rights and dump propaganda.

I love the music of both countries.

• we are back
        May 28, 2012 at 16:58

Nice so go and work for human rights there r many organizations about it and i am a member of one of them too but don’t bring your propaganda and hatred to this site please, i come here to get news about music and eurovision not to see fights,insults between people, don’t try to use this site for personal or political problems , i remember u made another comment which was full of hate some days ago , we don’t need people like u in europe , europe must be love and tolerance .

• A.M. Demian
          May 28, 2012 at 18:14

Don’t you tell me what to do. If you really want a peaceful site, start to tolerate others. You understood nothing! I will always speak my mind, for human rights and about music! HERE!

Enjoy yourself, Troll!

29. 12 points
    May 28, 2012 at 13:36

I hope at least this year articles won’t be invaded by Armenian and Azeri fights. These 2 nations r very similar in fact but they focus on differences instead.

30. banana b.
    May 28, 2012 at 13:30

Don’t talk like only Ex soviets have problems about human or gay rights, other parts of europe isn’t perfect either, there r very very very few countries who have true freedom in both .

31. Larus Armenicus
    May 28, 2012 at 13:21

I agree with definetly Looren, azerbaijan badly violated rules of human rights and democracy, since 2009 and even used in a rough way to the Eurovision Song Contest just for their circus-political purpose

32. Lina the Cat
    May 28, 2012 at 12:59

Our commentor says that Azerbaijani who is against gay rights protest in Baku some days before the contest beacuse they call Eurovision as a gay pride, also our commendador says that Azerbaijani hackers make a huge damage to Eurovision sites like ESCtoday.

• banana b.
      May 28, 2012 at 13:04

It was an Iranian group and Iranian hackers Lina which is proved, Iranians think Azerbaijan is the partner of U.S.A and Iran is partner of Armenia against Azerbaijan.

• A.M. Demian
      May 28, 2012 at 13:07

Both countries could stay out of ESC. To be honest, I would prefer that.

• banana b.
      May 28, 2012 at 13:10

How can the Cypriot commentator talk about gay rights in other countries while gay rights in Cyprus is also horrible, i had my holiday there and had some really hard time with my partner.

33. This is my opinion
    May 28, 2012 at 12:48

Lol, its obvious that they will return since the contest is not gonna be in Azerbaijan next year, thats the reason why armenia withdraw this year, because of azerbaijan, safety was their excuse, they want to go unnoticed that they hate Azerbaijan, politic hatred war must not be allowed in eurovision, no excuse, if you are gonna join eurovision you must be brave and not coward you got to trust god pn bridge of love but armenia did oposite, cyprus didnt withdraw in 2004 and they were safe in turkey, shame on you armenia pathetic decision you made this year you are hateful towards azerbaijan and bringing that into eurovision but god will know your extreme foolishness, i am sorry but this is true how can you practise hatred in beautiful eurovisionvery sąd and sin thats true

• banana b.
      May 28, 2012 at 13:02

Azeris hate Armenians too , it is impossible to make Azeris and Armenians to live in the same place although there r some Armenians in Azerbaijan, in general they hate each other sad but true.

34. A.M. Demian
    May 28, 2012 at 10:10

What a silly surprise. I don’t want countries to take part, whos decision depends on the place or nation of WHERE ESC takes place or who hosts it. No matter if it’s Austria or Armenia.

So, what’s good about that news? Accept the rules and other countries or simply stay out. No one wants politics in ESC, but this area behaves so much political and stupid – it’s annoying.

• LuSeNo Galaico-Portugues
      May 29, 2012 at 02:51

True… politics out of ESC. If these two countries have serious issues, just stay out. If they don’t agree with what ESC is all about – uniting Europe – just withdraw for good! Peace!

• A.M. Demian
        May 29, 2012 at 18:43

You got me – thank you!

35. Ben Gray
    May 28, 2012 at 00:54

This comeback (despite the short absence) will be important for Armenia, and I think it would be very apt to send Sirusho again. I’m sure she would be willing. Although I’m quite sure Armenia are capable of coming up with something even better!

36. banana b.
    May 28, 2012 at 00:38

Nice that they r back i love qele qele and sisters, btw exsoviets must solve their problems with gays, the thing what happened to the gay friendly bar in Armenia was scary and i think best way for Armenians and Azeris r to stay away from each other, they won’t be safe in each others countries.

• we are back
      May 28, 2012 at 01:05

Some people typed gays walked hand to hand in Baku so i guess everything isn’t that bad ,in Hungary u can’t do it if u do people will look at u like u r crazy there can be even some people who can say bad things and it is same almost in all european countries, lets accept it except 3-4 countries ,not just ex soviets but all european countries still think being gay isn’t normal and it is an illness , btw can someone tell me if it is true that Sirusho is the daughter in law of an Armenian president and that is why they choosed her internally in 2008?

• AvatArmenia 85
        May 28, 2012 at 01:40

Sirusho wasn’t when she was representing Armenia! Some trolls want to make palarels between Emin the son in low of Azerbaijan and Sirusho! but they must know some key differences:
        1. Emin Agalarov /singer from the interval act/ is a son of a multi-millionaire from Russia and he used ESC stage to show his hobby “singing”, while Sirusho wasn’t married when she went to ESC!
        2. Sirusho is a daughter of a famous Soviet Armenian singer, and she was mega star in Armenia since her childhood and she was picked since nearly 2 years Armenian fans /majority – 80%/ were demanding ArmTv to do that!!

• banana b.
          May 28, 2012 at 11:57

Avatarmenia it isn’t true, Sirusho was engaged with Armenian presidents son in 2008 and of course it made her to be selected internally.

• banana b.
            May 28, 2012 at 12:04

I don’t think Armenians are being fair or saying the truth , they also hate Azeris and they also bring politics to the contest, there isn’t a difference between Sirusho or Emin both of them used power of politics in esc, an Azeri can’t be safe in Armenia and human rights and gay rights isn’t good in Armenia too you can hardly say something against the government and in some issues you don’t have any chance except accepting what they say or you can end in prison where do i know ? i am an Israeli and lived there for 1,5 years then i moved to Georgia which was better for me, Armenia and Azerbaijan must stop this hate , they behave like kids and all they do is harming each other , this is funny but also dangerous. grow up.

• banana b.
        May 28, 2012 at 13:08

I am gay, i was in Baku and i walked hand to hand and you are very right in many countries of europe people think gays r ill people who need therapy …

37. eurovisionjack3
    May 27, 2012 at 22:17

Great news, hope they can send something better than Emmy!

38. Crest
    May 27, 2012 at 21:56

Armenia is one of my fave entries.

I loved your debut in 06, you went kinda bad in 07, but then in 08, 09, ’10 and ’11 you were consistently good!

And Qele Qele is still one of my all time fave Eurovision songs.

39. AvatArmenia 85
    May 27, 2012 at 21:49

If the president (king) of Azerbaijan announce that all the Armenians from Armenia and Diaspora are the enemies of peaceful, democratic, beautiful and european Azerbaijan , no one in EBU have a right to blame Armenia for its withdrawal!

Yesterday I have enjoyed the ideas of our commentors that Armenia must review its approach to ESC and to give up with technical cheap pop songs and to be innovative and they asked composers to start their work on our next entry! Hope “Boom Boom” was a great lesson for us and that lesson won’t be wasted!

• Ben Gray
      May 28, 2012 at 00:53

Did your commentators really say that? How interesting…

• adarvus ceterum
        May 28, 2012 at 10:52

I hope that you are right about the new approach, Avat, because I have only loved one Armenian ESC entry (2009) so far. 2007 was all right too.

Good luck and welcome back! :)

40. The Phantom
    May 27, 2012 at 21:31

I expect them to be back next year, along with Poland. Here’s hoping for a record number of participants in Sweden!

41. Harut Hovhannisyan
    May 27, 2012 at 21:31

Yaaaaaaaaaaay..Well done my motherland..Welcome baaack my Armenia…W’re going up up up up up in Swedeeeeeen …Uraaa

42. Crest
    May 27, 2012 at 21:28

Glad to hear this, hope for an Armenian win to force out Azerbaijan. Except Azerbaijan probably would still come to Yerevan as they know that Armenia is a peaceful democratic country, and they would not be at threat in Armenia.

I agree with what Anke said last night to Azerbaijan.

It is good to have a vote
    It is good have a choice
    Good luck on your journey Azerbaijan
    Europe is watching you!!!

• banana b.
      June 8, 2012 at 14:40

again crest is spreading his lies , he insults other countries but he defends his country by saying false things ,he underrates Greek immigrants but everybody knows he is an Armenian immigrant ,and yes i am an israeli immigrant but i don’t feel ashamed of it ,for my job i had to live in caucasian countries and here is the truth about them: be sure azerbaijani people can’t be safe in yerevan and no armenian can be safe in baku, they hate each other more than anything, armenia isn’t a democratic country , many people can’t write things against the government there, their government is totally corrupted , there is a very big problem about human rights, i am gay and in Armenia i had to hide it from others, they think horrible things about gays , armenia isn’t a peaceful country i saw with my eyes how many times they burnt flags of other countries in streets and what kind of hateful programmes they have on their channels , it is a very poor country just some upper class families, politicians and their families( like sirusho) have a good life, yerevan is so different than european cities, people look like azeris very very much , i believe azeris and armenians are the same nation but russians made them to be enemies to get the advantage.