HRT, the Croatian national broadcaster, has unveiled the names of the sixteen Dora 2019 hopefuls along with two reserve entries.
Croatia is gearing up for its upcoming national final Dora 2019. The Croatian national broadcaster has published the list of the 2019 Dora participants.
Dora 2019 participants
- Elis Lovric- All I really want
- Luka Nizetic- Amorero brutalero
- Gelato Sisters- Back to the swing
- Tenora- Brod bez imea
- Beta Sudar- Don’t give up
- Bernarda Bruno- I believe in true love
- Domenika- Indigo
- Manntra- In the shadows
- Jure Brkljaca-Ne postojim kad nisi tu
- Ema Gagro- Redemption
- Lea Mijatovic- Tebi pripadam
- Lidija Bacic Lille-Tek je pocelo
- Jelena Bosancic- Tell me
- Lorena Bucan- Tower of Babylon
- Roko Blazevic- The dream
- Bojan Jambrosic & Danijela Pintaric- Vrijeme predaje
- Tonka- Don’t say you love me
- Kim Verson- Nisam to sto zele
The 2019 Croatian national final – Dora 2019– will be held on Saturday 16 February at the Marino Cvetkovic Sports Hall in Opatija, Croatia. Dora will be back on Croatian screens after an eight year hiatus.
A total of 16 acts will battle for the golden ticket to Tel Aviv at Dora 2019. The 2019 Croatian Eurovision entry and act will be determined via a public televoting/ jury deliberation.
Croatia in Eurovision
Croatia debuted at the Eurovision Song Contest in 1993 with the six member group Put and their entry Don’t ever cry, and is yet to win the event. The Balkan country’s best results in the competition were achieved in 1996 (Maja Blagdan) and 1999 (Doris Dragovic), when it placed 4th in the Grand Final.
The country has competed 24 times in the contest and has not been very lucky in the competition in recent years, with its last top 10 finish in 2001.
In 2018 Croatia opted for an internal selection and selected Franka Batelic to fly the Croatian flag at the Eurovision Song Contest in Lisbon with her entry Crazy. Despite a magnificent performance she failed to qualify to the Grand Final.