RTP, the Portuguese national broadcaster, will be airing a special behind the scenes Eurovision 2018 documentary, with exclusive footage showcasing and unveiling many interesting facts and anecdotes relating to this year’s Eurovision extravaganza.
The special two part documentary ‘All Aboard! Dentro da Eurovisão 2018‘ will take Eurovision fans and viewers on a special journey back to May, showcasing exclusive backstage material from this year’s Eurovision edition. We will discover plenty details and features regarding the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest:
- Construction of the Eurovision stage at Altice Arena
- The impressive lighting on the stage
- Rehearsals footage including the hosts and the competing songs
- Filming of the postcards
- The technical work behind the scenes
- The Eurovision Village events and concerts at Praça do Comerçio
- The Blue Carpet and Opening Ceremony at MAAT
53 years after the first participation, Portugal walked away with the coveted Eurovision trophy for the very first time in 2017, when Salvador Sobral mesmerised Europe and was crowned the winner of Europe’s favorite television show. A year later, Portugal had the honour of hosting the competition for the first time, an event that today is more than just the largest television program in the entertainment world.
Now the time has come to discover what happened in Lisbon, beyond what we saw on our television screens at home. This is the motto for a documentary that gives us a gist of how the whole event evolved and takes us behind the scenes of one of the greatest musical events in the world. We will get to see unpublished material related to the contest for the very first time including footage from the rehearsals, live shows and events. We will also learn first hand details from the 2018 Eurovision production team.
The Eurovision 2018 special will feature some of the prominent and key figures from the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest:
- Catarina Furtado, Silvia Alberto, Daniela Ruah and Filomena Cautela (Eurovision 2018 hostesses)
- Pedro Granger and Pedro Penim (Press Conference Moderators)
- Luís Figueiredo (Eurovision 2018 theme composer)
The documentary has been produced by the same team who were behind for last year’s Sem Fazer Planos do Que Virá Depois (Without Plans of What Will Come After) a documentary which depicted the revamping of the Portuguese national selection , Festival da Cançao, and Salvador Sobral’s epic Eurovision victory in Kyiv.
The special documentary is presented by Miguel Pimenta and Nuno Galopim (Eurovision commentator for RTP)
Check out exclusive photographic footage from the documentary courtesy of RTP
How to watch?
All Aboard-Dentro da Eurovisão, the special Eurovision 2018 two part documentary will be broadcast on Thursday 27 and Friday 28 December 2018 on the following channels and timings:
- RTP 1– 22:00 CEST
- RTP International Europe (via satellite/Europe)- 22:15 CEST
- RTP Internatinonal America (via satellite/Europe)-02:15 CEST (29/30 December)
- RTP 1 webstream– 22:00 CEST
- RTP International webstream– 22:15 CEST
Lisbon and Portugal welcomed the Eurovision Song Contest for the very first time in the history of our beloved contest. RTP hosted the 2018 ESC on 8, 10 and 12 May at the Altice Arena in Lisbon.