Let the predictions get underway for Melodifestivalen 2018! Check out the (almost) full version snippets of the first 7 songs set to compete in the first semi-final of the Swedish national selection for Eurovision.
Only a few hours to go until Sweden’s Eurovision national selection, Melodifestivalen, kicks off in the search for the country’s next representative.
With rehearsals getting underway over the past number of days, SVT – the Swedish national broadcaster – has unveiled the 2:30 minute snippets of the first 7 entries for the competition, ahead of tonight’s first show.
Listen to the first 7 snippets
Have you thought about your predictions for semi-final 1 of the selection? With the 2:30 versions now released, let us know which artists you believe will advance to the next stages of the national selection!
- Sigrid Bernson – Patrick Swayze
- John Lundvik – My turn
- Renaida – All the feels
- Edward Blom – Livet på en pinne
- Kikki Danielsson – Osby Tennessee
- Kamferdrops – Solen lever kvar hos dig
- Benjamin Ingrosso – Dance you off
Melodifestivalen 2018 kicks off this Saturday 3 February with semi-final 1. The 2 artists who receive the highest percentage of votes will qualify directly to the final, whilst the artists in third and fourth place will earn a place in the second chance round.
Melodifestivalen 2018 schedule
- 03/02: Semi-final 1 – Karlstad, Löfbergs Arena
- 10/02: Semi-final 2 – Gothenburg, Scandinavium
- 17/02: Semi-final 3 – Malmö, Malmö Arena
- 24/02: Semi-final 4 – Örnsköldsvik, Fjällräven Center
- 03/03: Andra chansen (Second chance) – Kristianstad, Kristianstad Arena
- 10/03: Final – Stockholm, Friends Arena