Tonight, TVE, the Spanish national broadcaster will be selecting the fifth finalist of Operación Triunfo who will compete in the Grand Finale of Operación Triunfo and at the 2018 Spanish national final. The hopeful will join Amaia, Aitana, Alfred and Miriam.
How to watch
You can watch Operación Triunfo show #12 from 22:35 CET via the following channels:
- TVE 1
- TVE International Europe (via satellite)
- Live webcast via rtve.es
What will happen tonight?
- During tonight’s show the Spanish public will make their deliberation and decide who will be the 5th finalist of Operación Triunfo (OT) 2017. Agoney and Ana Guerra will battle for the golden ticket to the 2018 Spanish Eurovision national final and the Grand Finale of OT. One of them will proceed to the final, whilst the latter will be evicted and will leave the academy.
About the national final
- The song titles and names of the composers competing in the Spanish national final will be revealed on Tuesday 23 January. The 5 competing singers will be allocated their respective entries on the same day. A total of 9 entries will compete for the golden ticket to Lisbon ( 5 solo songs/ 3 duet songs/ 1 group song).
- The 2018 Spanish Eurovision national final will be held on Monday 29 January with a total of 5 acts battling for the right to defend Spain at the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest in Spain.
- The Grand Finale of Operación Triunfo has been set on Monday 5 February.
Anna Guerra and Agoney are both in the hot seat; one of them will be evicted during tonight’s show.
OT 2017 timeline
- 22/01: 5th OT 2017 finalist determined (via public televoting)
- 23/01: Song allocation – song titles and composers announced
- 29/01: Spanish national final (100% public televoting deliberation)
- 05/02: OT 2017 Grand Finale
National final date set
The gala will be aired live on Monday 29 January at 22:35 CET on TVE 1, TVE International and streamed live on rtve.es. The 2018 Spanish Eurovision national final will be part of the OT 2017 shows.
The 2018 Spanish national final will be hosted by Roberto Leal, one of Spain’s most sought after tv presenters.
The show has slowly but swiftly gained back much fame and name in Spain and has set the social media platforms on fire.
The 2018 Spanish Eurovision entry and act will be determined solely via a 100% public televoting deliberation