As IBA is about to be replaced by the new broadcaster IPBC in October, Israel’s national broadcaster for the last 50 years is giving a gift for the Israeli Eurovision fans and rebroadcasts old editions of the Kdam Eurovision which was Israel’s national selection from 1981 to 2013.
A big part of the old selections have been already rebroadcasted frequently during IBA’s nostalgic broadcasts, but some have been digitized and prepared for broadcast only for this farewell gift. The full broadcasts are also available on YouTube, and for now it is possible to revive the excitement of Kdams 1991, 1993 and 1995. We suggest to subscribe to IBA’s YouTube channel as other rebroadcasts of Kdams will be probably uploaded.
One of the only two Israeli selections held with a live orchestra (the other being 1987) in Binyaney Ha’uma in Jerusalem, which also hosted the two Eurovision Song Contests held in Israel so far (1979, 1999). Won by Orna & Moshe Datz who went on to finish 3rd in Rome with Kan.
- Adam – Yachad na’amod
- Elinor Aharon & Tzeirey Tel-Aviv – Tze’ira
- Ilana Avital – Ahavati ha’achrona
- Shir – Kol shana
- Shimi Tavori – Mitga’agea la’romantica
- AMMA (Yoel Lerner & Moti Dichne) – Primadonna
- Tal Amir – Mikol hashtikot
- Shlomi Shabat – Mikan
- Ofira Yossefi – Olam
- Uri Feinman – Hava nagila, Gila
- Puncher – Bella
- Orna & Moshe Datz – Kan
Kdam Eurovision 1993 [WATCH]
Won by Saraleh Sharon & Group Shiru who went on to finish 24th in Millstreet. David D’or finished 4th and went later to represent Israel in Eurovision 2004.
- Saraleh Sharon & Group Shiru – Shiru
- Dorit Reuveni – Bayit biktze ha’keshet
- Linette – Aniana
- Tzvika Pick – Artik kartiv
- Doron Mazar – Re’ach vatzeva
- Shimi Tavori – Chai et ma sheyesh
- Etti Kari – Yashar letoch einay
- Adam – Ad
- Effi Ben-Israel & Natan Natanzon – Markoni
- David D’or – Parpar
- Moshik Dar – Moral
- Reuven Lavi – Ha’olam kol kach madlik
Won by Liora who went on to finish 8th in Dublin. The runner up was Dana International who won the Eurovision Song Contest three years later with Diva.
- Eli Luzon – Malachi hakatan
- Tali Koren – Kmo brigitte
- Limor Azaria-Twito – Kesef
- Lea Lupatin & Ofer Levi – Ha’aretz hamuvtachat
- Si Heiman – Betelevizia halayla
- Dana International – Layla tov Eiropa
- Haya Samir – El hage’ula
- Ya’akov Nave – Nashkini na
- Yulia – Tfila
- Bnot Ya’akov – Ahavat David
- Liora – Amen
- Shalva Berti – Halevay, alecha vealay
- Avi Eylot – Rachok meha’bayit
Earlier this year, Hovi Star finished 14th in the final of the Eurovision Song Contest 2016 with his song Made of stars. For Eurovision 2017, Israel might use Rising Star for the third year in order to find its representeative, but the new broadcaster IPBC is also looking for some alternatives.
Stay tuned to ESCToday for more news regarding Israel in the Eurovision Song Contest