With the early announcement of this year’s Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2016 entries being made last Sunday, the Danish national broadcaster DR has since revealed the names of the writers and producers behind each of the competing entries.
Behind the entries in this year’s Dansk Melodi Grand Prix (DMGP) are various well-known song writers, including a number of writers and producers already known within the Eurovision scene. The composers are listed below in brackets.
- David Jay – Rays of sunlight (Brian Risberg Clausen, Christoffer Stjerne)
- Simone – Heart shaped hole (Andrew Love, Carl Ryden)
- Muri & Mario – To stjerner (Mads Løkkegaard, Gianluigi Fazio, Murad Mahoud, Mario Sciacca)
- Sophia Nohr – Blue horizon (Christoffer Lauridsen, Marie Kejs Uhre)
- Veronicas Illusion – The wrong kind (Freja Jonsson Blomberg, Dimitri Stasson, Peter Boström, Tobias Stigaard Stenkjær)
- Lighthouse X – Soldiers of love (Sebastian F. Ovens, Daniels Lund Jørgensen, Katrine Klith Andersen, Søren Bregndahl, Johannes Nymark, Martin Skriver)
- Jessica – Break it good (Engelina Adrina, Tommy P. Gregersen, David Todua)
- Kristel Lisberg – Who needs a heart (Sara Ljunggren, Jonas Gladnikoff)
- Bracelet – Breakaway (Rebecca Krogmann, Charlie Grönvall, Felix Grönvall, Jimmy Jansson, Nanne Grönvall)
- Anja Nissen – Never alone (Emmelie de Forest, Marureen ”MoZella” McDonald, Rune Westberg)
Jonas Gladnikoff, one of the songwriters behind the entry Who needs a heart, has written and produced a number of past bidding Eurovision entries including 3 Irish entries; Et cetera (2009), It’s for you (2010) and Heartbeat (2014). Jonas has also competed in DMGP as a songwriter back in 2009 with the entry Someday, performed by future Icelandic representative Hera Björk.
Another songwriter in the DMGP line-up is co-writer and producer of the 2012 winning Eurovision entry Euphoria, Peter Boström. Along with Euphoria, Peter has also produced 3 other Eurovision entries; Popular (Sweden 2011), Stay (Norway 2012) and Amanecer (Spain 2015).
Winner of the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest, Emmelie de Forest, has also co-written and produced Anja Nissen’s bidding entry, Never alone, alongside MoZella and Rune Westberg.
The Danish national broadcaster, DR, has now officially uploaded each of the competing DMGP 2016 entries via their website, dr.dk. DMGP 2016 is set to take place on the 13 February in the city of Horsens.