The Danish national final, Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2016 will take place this evening where we’ll find out who will be selected to represent the nation at the upcoming Eurovision Song Contest. Ten bids, but who will go on to fly the Danish flag in Stockholm this coming May?
How to watch[alert-info]
DMGP 2016 will air at 20:00 CET on the following channels:
- Live webcast via dr.dk
- David Jay – Rays of sunlight
- Simone – Heart shaped hole
- Bracelet – Breakaway
- Sophia Nohr – Blue horizon
- Veronicas Illusion – The wrong kind
- Lighthouse X – Soldiers of love
- Kristel Lisberg – Who needs a heart
- Jessica – Break it good
- Muri & Mario – To stjerner
- Anja Nissen – Never alone
Hosted at the Forum Horsens by Jacob Riising, Annette Heick and Hilda Heick, a total of 10 acts will compete in Dansk Melodi Grand Prix (DMGP) 2016 in a bid to represent Denmark at the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest.
Tonight’s winner will be determined over 2 rounds; round 1 will see performances from each of the 10 participants, but only 3 will qualify to round 2 of the final. The 3 super-final qualifiers will be decided via a 50/50 combined public and jury vote, whilst the winner of the super-final will be decided 100% by televote.
The DMGP 2016 jury consists of 5 members;
- Christina Chanée: Winner of Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2010
- Dennis Johannesson: Radio host on DR P4
- Johann Sørensen: President of OGAE Denmark
- John Gordon: Songwriter behind the winning 2010 Eurovision entry, Satellite
- Vicky Leander: Choreographer and stage director
Along with the usual SMS voting option, Danish viewers will also be able to vote for their favourite act via a newly introduced mobile app.
Who will follow Anti Social Media and become Denmark’s next representative at the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest?