The Dutch-language Belgian broadcaster VRT will offer a special feature before each one of the live shows of the Eurovision Song Contest 2015: a look back on 60 years of the Contest with the songs that the viewers of the channel één have voted as their favorite.
The special shows will be presented right before the broadcast on één of each semi-final and the Grand Final of the Eurovision Song Contest. Peter Van de Veire will host the shows in which he will review the 25 Eurovision entries that the Belgian audience has selected as their favorites of the 60 years of Eurovision history.
The first 10 (from the 25th to the 16th) will be assessed before the first semi-final,on 19 May,when the Belgian entrant Loïc Nottet will perform and attempt to continue in his journey to the victory the Grand Final. The 15th to 6th entries will be seen before the second semi-final on 21 May. The special show before the final will have the top 5 unveiled.
The Belgian broadcaster VRT has revealed the first 20 songs of the list, with the top 5 still kept a secret… These are the songs that have achieved the positions 25 to 6 in the voting of the Belgian audience:
- 25 – I treni di Tozeur, Alice & Franco Battiato; Italy 1984.
- 24 – Diva, Dana International; Israel 1998.
- 23 – Calm after the storm, The Common Linnets; The Netherlands 2014.
- 22 – Congratulations, Cliff Richard; United Kingdom 1968.
- 21 – Fly on the wings of love, The Olsen Brothers; Denmark 2000.
- 20 – Puppet on a string, Sandie Shaw; United Kingdom 1967.
- 19 – Non ho l’età, Gigliola Cinquetti; Italy 1964.
- 18 – Save your kisses for me, Brotherhood of man; United Kingdom 1976.
- 17 – Je t’adore, Kate Ryan; Belgium 2004.
- 16 – Gelukkig zijn, Ann Christy; Belgium 1975.
- 15 – All kinds of everything, Dana; Ireland 1970.
- 14 – Rise like a phoenix, Conchita Wurst; Austria 2014.
- 13 – What’s another year, Johnny Logan; Ireland 1980.
- 12 – Me and my guitar, Tom Dice; Belgium 2010.
- 11 – Fairytale, Aleksander Rybak; Norway 2009.
- 10 – Ein bisschen frieden, Nicole; Germany 1982.
- 9 – Wild dances, Ruslana; Ukraine 2004.
- 8 – Après toi, Vicky Leandros; Luxembourg 1972.
- 7 – J’aime la vie, Sandra Kim; Belgium, 1986.
- 6 – Gente di mare, Umberto Tozzi & Raf, Italy 1987.
The three shows of the Eurovision Song Contest 2015 will be commented by Peter Van de Veire and Eva Daeleman, who also were the hosts of the Belgian national selection Eurosong 2014 last year.
Belgium will be represented at the Eurovision Song Contest 2015 by Loïc Nottet with the song Rhythm inside.