Today, the grand opening of the Eurovillage took place at Vienna’s Rathaus under the motto Hello Vienna, Welcome Europe!
The opening of the Eurovillage in the Rathaus took place at 12:00 CEST, where accredited fans and media were able to visit the village for the first time. During the next week, from today to the 23 May, the 40 competing artists are scheduled to perform some like shows at the event to the public.
This evening, the first live show, Fashion of Europe, will take place on the Eurovillage stage. Plenty more shows will follow throughout the rest of the week, including Eurovision-themed days such as Queen of Austria (Conchita Wurst) and A Tribute to Udo Jürgens.
On the days of the live Eurovision events, semi-final 1, semi-final 2 and the Grand Final, the shows will be broadcast live on the Eurovillage stage, giving members of the public a chance to view the show live from the Rathaus.
A brief list of the Eurovillage events can be found below, with the full schedule being available via orf.at.
- 18/05: Fashion for Europe (20:00 CEST)
- 19/05: Semi-final 1 public viewing (21:00 CEST)
- 20/05: A Tribute to Udo Jürgens (20:00 CEST)
- 21/05: Semi-final 2 public viewing (21:00 CEST)
- 22/05: Premiere of “Conchita Unstoppable” (21:00 CEST)
- 23/05: Grand final public viewing (21:00 CEST)