Moldova will hold a national final to select their 2008 Eurovision Song Contest entry. esctoday.com received confirmation tonight that 12 songs will compete in a televised national final. There will be televoting to decide the country's fourth Eurovision Song Contest entry. A jury sat today to discuss the 27 songs submitted to the broadcaster and have selected 12 songs that will compete next month.
12 songs were selected from the 27 songs submitted to TeleRadio Moldova this evening by a preselection Jury featuring representatives from the broadcaster, OGAE Fan Club and music specialists. esctoday.com can reveal that the 12 songs selected by the jury to compete in the national final are:
- 86 points: Olia Tira– Always will be
- 82 points: Alexa – We are one
- 63 points: Edict – I believe
- 52points: Geta Burlacu – A century of love
- 52points: Cristina Rujitcaia – You make me feel crazy
- 49points: Catrina Pislaru –Dance with me
- 39points: Jay Mon – Point of view
- 35 points: Dana Marchitan – Your name
- 27points: Galina Scoda – Your own vision
- 24 points: Scroom – Jane
- 22points: Elena Dermidjean– Living creatures
- 18 points: Liusia Znamensky – Don't deceive my heart
The Moldovan national final will take place at the end of January, although no date has yet been confirmed. The public will have a chance to televote, however it is not yet decided if a jury vote will also be used. stay tuned to esctoday.com for all the latest news.