Tonight, the first show of Austria’s national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest begins.
The show, organised by ORF who is also the broadcaster in charge of the Eurovision Song Contest 2015, starts tonight as the country begins to decide who will represent them on home soil later this year.
Tonight’s show will see the sixteen acts perform a song of their choice (either one of their own or a cover version) to an expert panel that will decide which six performers should remain in the competition.
There will be no public vote in this phase of the competition.
How to watch
The show will be broadcast on ORF 1 and will begin at 20:15 CET.
- The Makemakes – Million Euro smile
- Tandem – Zeig ihn mir
- Wo/Men – Happy (Pharrell Williams cover)
- Royal Kombo – Ram pam pam
- Clara Blume – Love & starve
- The Su’sis – This and that
- Kathi Kallauch – Das Leben ist zu kurz
- Johann Sebastian Bass – Heart of stone
- Celine Ann – I never loved a man (Aretha Franklin cover)
- Renato Unterberg – Love
- Lemo – So leicht
- Kommando Elefant – Mein design furs Leben
- Dawa – On the run
- Mizgebonez – Murmeltier/Fitnesstraining (Medley)
- Folkshilfe – Seit a poa Tog
- Zoe – Adieu
- Show one (20 February): 16 acts perform with six progressing to the next stage.
- Show two (27 February): The remaining acts will showcase their skills and receive training to hone their talents
- Show three: (6 March) The six acts will perform two songs each, all potential Eurovision Song Contest entries, and each will have one song progressing to the live final.
- Show four: (13 March) The live final, where the six acts will perform their entries with the winner being Austria’s representative at the Eurovision Song Contest 2015.