LIVE from Zürich the Switzerland’s Expert Check show takes place today at 13:10
About the show
A total of eighteen candidates, representing four of Switzerland’s national broadcasters, will perform before an expert panel, who will assess each candidate’s vocal ability, stage presence and competency as a live performer. Six of the eighteen candidates will proceed to Die Große Entscheidungsshow, Switzerland’s National Final, which will take place at the Bodensee Arena at Kreuzlingen on Saturday 31st January 2015.
Die Große Entscheidungsshow, which will determine Switzerland’s representative at the Eurovision Song Contest in Vienna next year, is a collaboration between the national broadcasters SRF, RTS, RSI and RTR. Of the six qualifying candidates, three will come from the SRF/RTR selection, two from the RTS selection and one from the RSI selection.
The Expert Check will be hosted by Clarissa Tami.[alert-info]
How to watch:
The show will commence at 13:10 CET and can be viewed here[/alert-info]
The songs and acts:
- Arbresha – Same stars (SRF/RTR)
- Bubble Beatz featuring Sandra Wild – Run (SRF/RTR)
- Thierry Condor – Open heart surgery (SRF/RTR)
- Dahï – Destiny (SRF/RTR)
- Simon Hafner – There was a yesterday (SRF/RTR)
- Andy McSean – Hey now (SRF/RTR)
- San Dii – iMagination (SRF/RTR)
- Timebelle – Singing about love (SRF/RTR)
- Tiziana – Only human (SRF/RTR)
- Alenko – Vu d’en haut (RTS)
- Anach Cuan – Hurdy gurdy girls (RTS)
- Célia – Letter to myself (RTS)
- Licia Chery – Fly (RTS)
- Mélanie René – Time to shine (RTS)
- Shana Pearson – Kevlar heart (RTS)
- The Vad Vuc – Cocktail e fantasmi (RSI)
- Deborah Bough – Take me back to 23 (RSI)
- Elias featuring Zero In On – Your perfume (RSI)
The story so far
Switzerland has made a total of fifty-five appearances at the Eurovision Song Contest since debuting in 1956. The Alpine country has won the Contest on two occasions: in 1956 with Lys Assia and 1988 with Céline Dion.
Switzerland was last represented at Eurovision by Sebalter, whose charming entry Hunter of Stars achieved a thirteenth placing at the Grand Final of the Copenhagen Contest of 2014, with a total of sixty-four points.