MRT,the FYR Macedonian national broadcaster has revealed to ESCToday more details and information on the forthcoming 2015 Macedonian Eurovision national final- Skopje Festival 2015.
A total of 20 acts will battle for the golden ticket to Vienna on 12 November at the Metropol Arena in Skopje. All the songs will be performed with MRT’s live orchestra. The 2015 FYR Macedonan Eurovision national final will be hosted by none other the famous FYR Macedonian actor Vasil Zafircev, he hosted the 2013 Skopje Festival last year too. The show will be aired live at 20:15 CET on MRT 1 and MRT Sat and via the official MRT website.
MRT has also confirmed to ESCToday that former FYR Macedonian Eurovision representatives Kaliopi (FYR Macedonia 2012) and Karolina Goceva(FYR Macedonia 2002,2006) will be the interval acts during the televoting. The 2015 Macedonian Eurovision entry will be selected via a 50/50international jury- televoting deliberation.
The FYR Macedonian broadcaster has revealed to ESCToday that it has invited 7 countries to be part of the jury, ie: each international jury will consist of 5 music professionals. Therefore the international jury will represent 7 countries and will consist of 35 people. The international jury will cast their votes on 11 November after viewing the general dress rehearsal the day before the national final.
The 20 acts
- Lena Zatkoska – Alo
- Tanja Carovska – Ako mi se vratis
- Danijel Kajmakovski – Esenski lisja
- Vera Jankovik – Se plasham
- Risto Samardziev & Vlatko Ilievski – Sever-jug
- Evgenija Cancalova – Da ne te sakam
- Aleksandra Mihova – Srce cuva spomeni
- Lidija Kocovska & Marjan Stojanovski – Sonce niz oblaci
- Joce Panov – Ni lj od ljubovta
- Goran Naumovski & Sanja Kerkez – Mig bez tebe
- Aleksandar Tarabunov & Toni Mihajlovski – Marija
- Aleksandra Janeva – Vo tvojot svet
- Miyatta – Zaljuben
- Tamara Todevska – Brod sto tone
- Sanja Gjosevska – Sakam da letam
- Nade Talevska – Znam
- Viktorija Loba – Edna edinstvena
- Verica Pandilovska – Samo za tebe
- Nina Janeva – Bluz za…
- Dimitar Andonovski – Se shto ti vetiv
MRT is working very hard in order to bring about a glamorous and extraordinary show, thus marking and celebrating the 60th anniversary of the Eurovision Song Contest and the 50th anniversary of the Macedonian broadcaster. A special 20 meter stage will be specially erected for the occasion.
The 2015 Skopje Festival stage
In 2014 MRT selected Tijana Dapcevic via an internal selection with her entry To the Sky to represent FYR Macedonia at the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest in Copenhagen. Despite an energetic performance Tijana failed to qualify to the grand final.
FYR Macedonia debuted at the Eurovision Song Contest in 1998 and is yet to win the event. The country achieved its best placing in the contest in 2006 when Elena Risteka placed 12th with Ninanajna.
Stay tuned to ESCToday.com for the latest news on Skopje Festival 2015, FYR Macedonia the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest.