DR, the Danish national broadcaster and host broadcaster of the Eurovision Song Contest 2014, has named the jury that will help select their song for this year’s competition.
The jury will be comprised of five Danish music experts, who will have a 50% say in the outcome of Saturday’s competition where ten songs will be competing for the right to represent Denmark on home soil at the 2014 edition of the Eurovision Song Contest.
- Jørgen de Mylius, a radio and television personality who has also hosted DMGP on eleven occasions and has provided the Danish commentary for the Eurovision Song Contest 19 times.
- Camille Jones, a singer, songwriter and producer who is best known for her 2007 song The creeps.
- Cutfather, music producer, songwriter and DJ who has written and produced for artists such as Kylie Minogue, Pussycat Dolls and Jamelia.
- Cheif1, a music producer and former member of the rap-group Rockers By Choice.
- Søs Fenger, one of the most successful singers in Danish music over the last few decades.
Last year, Denmark secured their third Eurovision Song Contest victory after Emmelie de Forest took home the trophy after receiving 281 points for her song Only teardrops.
As the host country Denmark will not compete in the semi-final, and are guaranteed a place in the final of the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 along with the big 5.
Stay tuned to ESCToday.com for all the latest news from Denmark and the Eurovision Song Contest.