The eighth show in Lithuania’s national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest 2014, Eurovizijos 2014, will air tonight on LRT, the Lithuanian national broadcaster.
The six remaining acts will all perform two of the 12 remaining songs in tonight’s show, with one more act being eliminated once the jury and public vote are combined.
Two songs will also be eliminated once the results of a jury vote are combined with an online vote on LRT’s voting platform, meaning five artists and ten songs will move on to show nine.
How to watch
The show begins at 20:00 CET on LRT 1 and will be streamed online on LRT’s official website
- LRT 1
- Ieva Zasimauskaitė – You found me / It’s all about a boy
- Mia – Blowing out cobwebs / Attention
- Vaidas Baumila – It’s not too late / Last date
- Monika Linkyté – Worlds apart / Take a look at me now
- Martynas Kavaliauskas – Breakaway / Dying
- Vilija Matačiūnaitė – Is this the way (you want me / Let’s share that love tonight
LRT recently announced that it had extended Eurovizijos 2014 due to its popularity in Lithuania, and they will now select their Eurovision 2014 song and performer on 1 March rather than 15 February.
The remaining Eurovizijos 2014 schedule:
- 01 February – Show 8
- 08 February – Show 9
- 15 February – Show 10
- 22 February – Show 11
- 01 March – Show 12 / Grand final
- 15 March – Show 13 / Good luck concert
2014 marks 20 years since Lithuania’s debut in the Eurovision Song Contest back in 1994. They are yet to win the competition but their best result came at the Eurovision Song Contest 2006 where LT United finished in sixth place.
Last year, Andrius Pojavis represented Lithuania at the Eurovision Song Contest 2013 in Sweden with his song Something, finishing 22nd in the final with 17 points.
Stay tuned to ESCToday.com for all the latest news from Lithuania and the Eurovision Song contest.