The host broadcaster of this year’s Eurovision Song Contest, DR, recently started a search for ideas from you, the fans, for what will be seen outside the songs and postcards.
True to form the #MyEurovisionIdea campaign has had no shortage of replies. In fact many thousands of suggestions have been sent in. As you might expect a variety of the sensible and strange is included.
It’s not too late for you to add your thoughts, and you can do so by Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Use #MyEurovisionIdea. You can view their website here
DR will review every idea received and decide what to include in the Semi Finals and the Final on the 6, 8 and 10 of May.
Here are some of the unusual suggestions::
- Vikings, Viking ships and mermaids
- A Choir of people in bikinis and shorts singing a medley of Eurovision’s fave (or not so) songs
- Seven-foot-tall men (that’s 210cm) doing cheerleading stunts
- The light of the arena go out, zombies and vampires Join Us!
- I want to see people dressed like sausages…!
Stay tuned to esctoday.com for the latest news on the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest.