The selection will begin really soon, on 25 January, where 10 songs will battle in the first heat. The final of the Hungarian national selection (A Dal) is scheduled to 22 February, so in one and a half months we will know the Hungarian participant for the 2014 edition.
Just like last year, this year’s edition will feature six shows, and the selection will go on for five weeks.
You can find the offical playlist for the Hungarian hopefuls for the Eurovision here! (The list is in alphabetical order, but it doesn’t match with the list below as last names comes first in Hungarian.)
Overall, 435 entries arrived at MTV, and after the quick shortlisting, the following list was known:
- András Kállay Saunders – Running
- Bálint Gájer – Elmaradt pillanatok
- Belmondo – Miért ne higgyem
- Bogi – We All
- Dénes Pál – Brave New World
- Depresszió – Csak a zene
- Extensive – Help Me
- Fool Moon – It Can’t Be Over
- Gabi Knoll – Sweet Memories
- Gigi Radics – Catch Me
- Group n Swing – Retikül
- Heni Dér – Ég veled (Next Please)
- Hien – The Way I Do
- HoneyBeast – A legnagyobb hős
- Ibolya Oláh – Egy percig sztár
- Joni – Waterfall
- Laura Cserpes – Úgy szállj
- Leslie Szabó – Hogy segíthetnék
- Lil C – Break Up
- Lilla Polyák – Karcolás
- Linda Király – Everything
- Music Fabrik – This Is My Life
- Mystery Gang – Játssz még jazzgitár
- New Level Empire – The Last One
- Noémi Takács – Minden mosoly
- Saci Szécsi & Böbe Szécsi – Born To Fly
- Tamás Vastag – Miss One Smile
- To Beat or Not to Beat – Camon Babe (Meg akarom mondani)
- Viktor Király – Running Out Of Time
- Zsuzsanna Batta – Marge – Morning Light
Hungary débuted in the contest 20 years ago, in 1994, when Friderika brought home the Central European country’s best placing ever, finishing fourth with the song Kinek mondjam el vétkeimet? Last year, Hungary chose ByeAlex, who managed to finish in the 10th place on the final evening with his song Kedvesem.
Stay tuned to esctoday.com for more news on the Hungarian selection for Eurovision 2014.
What are your comments about the Hungarian entries? Please do not hesitate to share it with us just below!