SVT, the Swedish national broadcaster has revealed the names of the first 16 acts that will compete in the forthocoming Swedish Eurovision national selection- Melodifestivalen 2014.
The Swedish broadcaster held a special press conference in Stockholm today in order to announce the names of the 16 candidates that will compete in Malmö and Linköping, semi-final 1 and semi-final 2.
Semi-final 1 – Malmö – 01 February
- Mahan Moin – Aleo
- Alvaro Estrella – Bedroom
- Linus Svenning – Bröder
- Sylvester Schlegel – Bygdens son
- Elisa Lindström – Casanova
- Ellen Benediktson – Songbird
- Helena Paparizou – Survivor
- YOHIO – To the end
Semi-final 2 – Linköping – 08 February
- Panetoz – Efter solsken
- Manda – Glow
- Pink Pistols – I am somebody
- JEM – Love trigger
- Martin Stenmarck – När änglarna går hem
- Little Great Things – Set yourself free
- The Refreshments – Hallelujah
- Sanna Nielsen – Undo
The remaining 16 candidates will be announced on Thursday 28 November. A total of 32 acts will battle for the golden ticket to represent Sweden in Copenhangen.
Stay tuned to esctoday.com for the latest news on Sweden and the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest.