Anouk took the opportunity to perform her new song Wigger which made headlines in the Netherlands as reported previously on esctoday.com. Anouk was accompanied by her Eurovision Song Contest backing vocalists: Shirma Rouse,Ricardo Burgrust and Yerry Rellum. Anouk used the opportunity to let Shirma lead on the song Heaven Knows. Anouk performed a combination of old and brand new material from her international number 1 hit Nobody’s wife (in a very different rendition), to her latest release, Wigger. Unfortunately, Anouk did not perform her Eurovision classic Birds but did sing a song from her new album Sad Singalong Songs which is still in the top 20 on iTunes Netherlands.
- Wigger (New Song – available on official downloads platform)
- Jerusalem (from Hotel New York album) and Heaven knows, performed by Shirma Rouse with Ricardo, Yerry and Anouk as backing vocalists (from Hotel New York album)
- Nobody’s wife (from Together Alone album)
- Pretending as always (from Sad singalong songs album)
- I won’t play that game (never released, self video posted on youtube account last year)
Pictures from the radio show:
Anouk represented The Netherlands at this year’s Eurovision Song Contest and managed to qualify her country for the first time since 2003 and reached a 9th place, best results in 14 years.