The third round of the Swedish Eurovision national selection Melodifestivalen 2013 takes place tonight in the northern city of Skellefteå. Eight acts will be fighting for the two spots for the Stockholm final, and another two (the third and fourth placed) songs will move on to Andra Chansen (Second Chance) round which will be held in Karlstad.
The third heat starts at 20:00 CET. The show will be aired on SVT1, SVT World and SVT HD and it will also be streamed live on SVT’s offical website.
Tonight’s show brings a mixture of newcomers and also familiar faces such as Martin Rolinski and Caroline af Ugglas. Martin is a Melodifestivalen veteran having taken part four times already with Alexander Bard’s band BWO whose best result was in 2006 when they finished second after Carola. Caroline af Ugglas has already taken part twice also achieving second place in 2009 with Snälla Snälla.
How to watch
The 8 acts competing tonight are:
- Eddie Razaz – Alibi (Peter Bostrom, Thomas G:son)
- Elin Petersson – Island (Elin Petersson)
- Ravaillacz – En riktig javla schlager (Kjell Jennstig, Leif Goldkuhl, Henrik Dorsin)
- Amanda Fondell – Dumb (Freja Blomberg, Fredrik Samsson)
- Martin Rolinski – In and out of love (Thomas G:son, Andreas Rickstrand)
- Caroline af Ugglas – Hon har inte (Heinz Liljedahl, Caroline af Ugglas)
- State of Drama – Falling (Goran Werner, Sebastian Hallifax, Emil Gullhamn, James Hallifax)
- Janet Leon – Heartstrings (Fredrik Kempe, Anton Malmberg Hard af Segerstad)
The two winners will be joining David Lindgren, YOHIO, Sean Banan and Louise Hoffsten in the final, while the third and fourth placed acts will be in the run along with Cookies ‘N’ Beans, Eric Gadd, Anton Ewald and Eric Segerstedt & Tone Damli in the Andra Chansen.
Stay tuned to esctoday.com for more news and information on the 2013 Swedish Eurovision national selection and the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest.