RÚV, the Icelandic national broadcaster, has revealed the names of the twelve artists who will compete in the national selection for this year’s Eurovision Song Contest. The lineup includes various familiar names such as Yohanna (the country’s representative in 2009) and Birgitta Haukdal (the country’s representative in 2003).
This is what the full lineup of Söngvakeppnin 2013 looks like :
The participants list
- Magni Ásgeirsson – Ekki líta undan
- Eyþór Ingi Gunnlaugsson – Ég á líf
- Svavar Knútur Kristinsson and Hreindís Ylva Garðarsdóttir Hólm – Lífið snýst
- Birgitta Haukdal – Meðal andanna
- Edda Viðarsdóttir – Sá sem lætur hjartað ráða för
- Yohanna – Þú
- Erna Hrönn Ólafsdóttir – Augnablik
- Unnur Eggertsdóttir – Ég syng!
- Klara Ósk Elíasdóttir – Skuggamynd
- Sylvía Erla Scheving – Stund með þér
- Jógvan Hansen and Stefanía Svavarsdóttir – Til þín
- Haraldur Reynisson – Vinátta
Three songs will qualify via televoting from each semi final for the national final. The producers retain the right to award a wildcard, if necessary. During the final which will be held on 2 February, the jury and the televoters will jointly decide which two songs will proceed to a Super Final. The winner will then be decided by 100% televoting.
All songs will be presented on 14 January on Channel 2 and will also be made available to listen to online.