fbpx

Cyprus selects a song tonight

by roel 52 views

Eurovision D-Day in Cyprus! Tonight, Cyprus selects the song to be performed by Constantinos Christoforou at the 2005 Eurovision Song Contest. Constantinos has been internally selected by CyBC to represent his country. Tonight, he will present four songs. One of them will make it to Kiev.

In a show to be hosted by Tasos Trifonos and Eleni Manousaki, four songs for Kiev will be performed by Constantinos Christoforou:

� Slow
� Ela ela
� If you go
� She is no fool

Two songs have been written by Constantinos Christoforou himself, the two other songs by Mike Connaris, composer of last year's Cypriot entry Stronger every minute, performed by Lisa Andreas. Esctoday.com respects CyBC's demand not to reveal the composer of each entry in order not to influence the voting. 60% of the results will be decided by televoting, the other 40% by a professional jury.

The Cypriot national final will be aired live from Limassol. Guest stars in the Cypriot national final are last year's Eurovision Song Contest winner Ruslana, the Cypriot Eurovision Song Contest representative of 1992 and 1994 Evridiki, and the popular Greek singer and composer Dimitris Corgialas. Together with Daphne Bokota, the three guest stars will make up the professional jury. Furthermore Constantinos will sing some more songs from his second solo album Idiotiki Parastasi.

The show will be streamed live over the internet. As of 20:00 CET, you can watch it via CyBC's website or by clicking here. The show will have an English translation for the viewers of CySAT:

Satellite: Hellas Sat 2
Location: 39 degrees East
Reception Frequency: 12524 MHz
Polarization: Vertical
Symbol Rate: 27500Ksymb/s
FEC 3/4
Antenna size required: 60 cm

The UK's sole Greek radio station, the London Greek Radio (LGR) is to have a live feed of the national heat. LGR is to present a special programme including Eurovision news and past Cypriot entrants, which starts at 20:15 CET. Tune into LGR 103.3 FM or go online at www.lgr.co.uk.

Tonight, esctoday.com will report about the outcome of the song selection show.

ESCToday is growing and always looks for new members to join our team! Feel free to drop us a line if you're interested! Use the Contact Us page or send us an email at vacancies@esctoday.com!