On the way to Lisbon, the Icelandic national broadcaster RÚV kicked off a series of Eurovision preview shows, where all 43 entries will be evaluated by a jury panel of music experts. Alla leið (All the way) series will be airing with weekly shows and is expected to conclude one breath before from this year’s Eurovision Song Contest.
Hosting the show is the Icelandic Head of Delegation, actor and singer Felix Bergsson, whilst the 4 jury members are the country’s debut Eurovision entrant (as part of the trio ICY) Helga Möller, the Söngvakeppnin 2015 participant and runner-up Friðrik Dór Jónsson, the singer Guðrún Gunnarsdóttir and Jóhannes Þór Skúlason.
Israel leads the first scoreboard
With a total of nine songs airing last week, the jury members were requested to rate them in the Eurovision system (1-8, 10 and 12 points). The show’s end saw Israel’s Netta lead the scoreboard with a total of 42 points and Czech Republic and Estonia come 2nd and 3rd respectively. Impressive is the fact that the Icelandic entry itself finished in 7th place out of 9 songs.
Below you can take a look at the full results of the first preview show:
- Israel – Netta – Toy (42 points)
- Czech Republic – Mikolas Josef – Lie to me (38 points)
- Estonia – Elina Nechayeva – La forza (36 points)
- Azerbaijan – Aisel – X my heart (31 points)
- Belgium – Sennek – A matter of time (27 points)
- Albania – Eugent Bushpepa – Mall (26 points)
- Iceland – Ari Ólafsson – Our choice (24 points)
- Lithuania – Ieva – When we’re old (22 points)
- Belarus – Alekseev – Forever (14 points)
Alla leið returns with its second preview show this Saturday, 14 April at 21:45 CEST (19:45 local time) on RÚV.
Iceland will be performing 2nd at the first semi-final evening on 8 May.