Tonight, TVE, the Spanish national broadcaster will be selecting four out of the five finalists of Operación Triunfo who will compete in the Grand Finale of Operación Triunfo and at the 2018 Spanish national final.
How to watch
You can watch Operación Triunfo show #11 from 22:35 CET via the following channels:
- TVE 1
- TVE International Europe (via satellite)
- Live webcast via rtve.es
- Live webcast via Operación Triunfo Official YouTube Channel
What will happen tonight?
- During tonight’s show the Operación Triunfo (OT) jury will make their deliberation and select 3 candidates out of the 6 remaining hopefuls (after tonight’s eviction) via a special voting. The jury will vote for each of the 6 hopefuls, after their deliberation the top 3 candidates will directly qualify to the Grand Finale of Operación Triunfo and Spanish national final.
- The 4th candidate will be selected from the 3 remaining hopefuls by the Operación Triunfo teachers group and will thus qualify directly to the Grand Finale of OT 2017 and the Spanish national final.
How will the 5th finalist be determined?
- The 2 remaining hopefuls will battle each another via a public televote. The winner of the viewer’s televote will be awarded with the golden ticket to the Grand Finale and Spanish national final. The 5th candidate will be announced on Monday 22 January.
About the national final
- The song titles and names of the composers competing in the Spanish national final will be revealed on Tuesday 23 January. The 5 competing singers will be allocated their respective entries on the same day. Each singer will allocated 1 song, thus 5 songs will compete in the national final.
- The 2018 Spanish Eurovision national final will be held on Monday 29 January with a total of 5 acts battling for the right to defend Spain at the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest in Spain.
- The Grand Finale of Operación Triunfo has been set on Monday 5 February.
- Anna Guerra (Nominated)
- Roi (Nominated)
Anna and Roi are both in the hot seat (nominated) and one of them will be evicted during tonight’s show.
OT 2017 timeline
- 15/01: 4 OT 2017 finalists determined (3 via jury deliberation/1 via teacher deliberation)
- 22/01: 5th OT 2017 finalist determined (via public televoting)
- 23/01: Song allocation – song titles and composers announced
- 29/01: Spanish national final (100% public televoting deliberation)
- 05/02: OT 2017 Grand Finale
National final date set
The gala will be aired live on Monday 29 January at 22:35 CET on TVE 1, TVE International and streamed live on rtve.es. The 2018 Spanish Eurovision national final will be part of the OT 2017 shows.
The 2018 Spanish national final will be hosted by Roberto Leal, one of Spain’s most sought after tv presenters.
The show has slowly but swiftly gained back much fame and name in Spain and has set the social media platforms on fire. Last Monday’s show was viewed by more than 3 million viewers.
The 2018 Spanish Eurovision entry and act will be determined solely via a 100% public televoting deliberation.