We now know the names of the 60 acts set to compete in the semi-final stage of the Romanian national selection for the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest! Notice any familiar names?
The past number of days have seen the Selecția Națională 2018 auditioning each of the 72 submitted entrants for the country’s upcoming selection, each of whom performed to be selected to compete in the Romanian competition.
From the 72 submissions, only 60 have managed to advance to the semi-final stage of the competition, with 2 former Romanian representatives featuring in the line-up!
Selecția Națională 2018 semi-finalists
The 60 semi-finalists were selected by the 5-member jury panel, featuring earlier-confirmed members Marian Ionescu, Ilinca Băcilă, Nicu Patoi, Liliana Ştefan and Viorel Gavrilă.
The available songs so far have been linked below and will be updated frequently.
- Alessandro Dănescu – Breaking up
- Alex Florea – Nobody told me it would hurt
- Alexandru Ungureanu – Sail with me
- Alexia & Matei – Walking on water
- Alice Jeckel – Out of the dark
- Aurel Dincă – Fire in the sky
- Ayona – The story goes on
- Bernice Chiţiul – Too busy for my heart
- Carolina Gorun – Reach out for the stars
- Claudia Andas – The one
- CornEL – Take me away
- Cristian Siminonescu – Nirvana
- Dan Manciulea – Rază de soare
- Denisa Trofim – Tears
- Diana Brătan – Paint it rainbow
- Dora Gaitanovici – Fără tine
- Echoes – Mirror
- Eduard Santha – Mesom romales
- Elena Hasna – Revival
- Elena Turcu – The perfect fall
- Eliza Chifu – So good without you
- Endless feat. Maria Grosu – Thinking about you
- Erminio Sinni & Titziana Camelin – All the love away
- Evermorph – Live your life
- Feli – Bună de iubit
- Freia – Fix me
- Hellen – From underneath
- The Humans – Goodbye
- Iliana – I won’t lie
- Ioana Ciornea – Time after time
- Jessie Baneş – Lightning strikes
- Johnny Bădulescu – Devoted
- Jukebox feat. Bella Santiago – Auzi cum bate
- Lina – A love worth falling for
- Liviu Anghel – Rise up
- Lion’s Roar – Rekindle the flame
- Manuel Chivari – Somebody to live
- Mareş Pană – Daydreamer
- Maria Suciu – Sweet nothing
- Meriem – End the battle
- MIHAI – Heaven
- Miruna Diaconescu – Run for you
- Nicoleta Ţicală – Una oportunidad
- Othello – Noi suntem pădure
- Paula Crişan – I am here
- Pragu de sus – Te voi chema
- Rafael – We are one
- Romeo Zaharia – Maybe this time
- SAVE – All we need
- Serena – Safari
- Sergiu Bolota – Every little thing
- Tavi Clonda – King
- Teodora Dinu – Fly
- TIRI – Deşert de sentimente
- Tom Leo Wiart – Teardrop rain
- VYROS – La la la
- Waleska – Reborn
- XANDRA – Try
- Zavera – Come back to me
- ZOLTAN – Dacă dragostea e oarbă
As was confirmed earlier this week, both Mihai (Romania 2006) and Alex Florea (Romania 2017) will once again be competing for the right to represent their country at the Eurovision Song Contest for a second time!
Also featuring in the line-up includes many former national selection competitors, some of which include last year’s bidding artists Eduard Santha and XANDRA.
Semi-final time in Romania!
Now that the semi-finalists are now known, next month will see the national selection well and truly kick off in Romania, with a total of 5 semi-finals taking place in the lead up to the final of the selection on the 25 February 2018.
In total, 12 acts will compete in each of the semi-finals in a bid to qualify to February’s final, with further details regarding the number of semi-final qualifiers to be unveiled in due course.