Céline Dion, winner of the 1988 Eurovision Song Contest in Dublin, Ireland, will embark on a new European tour starting in June 2017, following her concerts in Las Vegas, the United States.
Céline Dion Live 2017 will take the renowned singer to Europe for the first time in eight years, including a performance in Switzerland, the country she successfully represented at the 1988 Eurovision Song Contest with the song Ne partez pas sans moi.
The French-Canadian artist is very excited and proud to visit Europe again, as is stated on her official website:
Céline and her team are very proud to announce her upcoming tour, CÉLINE DION LIVE 2017. The tour will take Céline to a number of countries in Europe for the first time in 8 years. The tour kicks off on Thursday, June 15, 2017 in the Royal Arena in Copenhagen and continues on to Sweden, England, the Netherlands, France, Switzerland and Germany.
There is also information about ticket sales:
Tickets go on sale to the general public Friday, February 3rd but members of Team Céline can access our pre-sale starting January 26 at 12:00 pm (local time) and exceptionally January 30th at 12:00 pm (local time) for Berlin. This pre-sale allows you access to a special selection of tickets just for Team Céline member. To take part in the pre-sale, just follow these two simple steps:
- Step 1: Access your Team Céline account here.
- Step 2: Go to the “Tickets” section. You’ll find the pre-sale code and links to access the pre-sale.
- If you are not already a member of Team Céline, please register here.”
Céline Dion’s European tour will begin after her string of performances at The Colosseum at Ceasars Palace, Las Vegas (Nevada, United States). Here are the European tour dates:
- June 15- Royal Arena, Copenhagen, Denmark
- June 17-Tele2 Arena, Stockholm, Sweden
- June 20-The O2, London, England
- June 21- The O2, London, England
- June 23- Gelredome, Arnhem, The Netherlands
- June 25: Manchester Arena, Manchester, England
- June 29- Matmut Atlantique, Bordeaux, France
- July 1- Stade Pierre Mauroy, Lille, France
- July – Accorhotels Arena, Paris, France
- July 5- Accorhotels Arena, Paris, France
- July12- Parc Olympiqeu Lyonnais, Lyon, France
- July 15- Stade De Suisse, Bern, Switzerland
- July 18- Orange Véldrome, Marseille, France
- Juli 20- Allianz Riviera, Nice, France
- Juli 24- Mercedes-Benz Arena, Berlin, Germany
- Juli 27- Barclaycard Arena, Birmingham, England
The singer went through a difficult time in 2016, losing her husband and long time manager, René Angélil. Now, Céline Dion is ready to share her gift of music with her fans again. And there is more good news for her: not only is her latest album Encore un soir nominated for Best Album International at the Swiss Music Awards 2017, she will also perform a new original song, How does a moment last forever, for Disney’s Beauty and the Beast.
For more information and news, visit Céline Dion’s official website.
Céline Marie Claudette Dion (Charlemagne, Quebec, Canada, 1968) is a renowned vocalist of French-Canadian descent. In 1988 she won the Eurovision Song Contest for Switzerland with the song Ne partez pas sans moi, earning a total of 137 points, and signaling the start of Céline Dion’s successful and lasting international musical career.
Enjoy the official lyric video for Encore un soir by Céline Dion, and her performance of Ne partez pas sans moi, the winning song of Eurovision 1988:
Stay tuned to ESCToday.com for all the latest news on the Eurovision Song Contest!