The EBU has released an update on the preparations for the forthcoming 2017 Eurovision Song Contest scheduled to be held in Kyiv, Ukraine after the Reference Group meeting in Lausanne this week.
The Reference Group (governing body of the Eurovision Song Contest on behalf of the EBU) met up with NTU officials Ms. Victoria Romanova and Mr. Oleksandr Kharebin (Executive Producers of Eurovision 2017) in Switzerland this week, where they checked out the ongoing preparations for the upcoming contest.
After evaluating all the requirements and preparations the EBU approved Kyiv’s proposal to host the contest next year thus putting rest to rumours and media reports.
Ms. Victoria Romanova has confirmed that Ukraine and NTU have the required budget to host the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest on a high level: 15 million Euros have been granted by the state of Ukraine whilst 7 million Euros have been granted by the City of Kyiv.
NTU has started to work on the selection of the 2017 Eurovision hosts, the stage design, the graphic design, the interval and opening acts, the concept and the postcards.
Ms. Romanova is more than happy to welcome Eurovision fans from all over the world to the majestic Ukrainian capital Kyiv for the 2017 ESC next May.
Eurovision 2017 timeline.
- 12/2016- Eurovision 2017 logo release
- 12/2016- Eurovision 2017 theme art and slogan release
- 12/2016- Eurovision 2017 official ticketing agency announcement
- 12/2016- Eurovision 2017 offiical travel agency announcemnent
- 01/2017- Eurovision ticket sales to kick off
- 01/2017- Reference Group Meeting in Kyiv
- 01/2017- Host City Insignia Handover Ceremony in Kyiv
- 01/2017- Eurovision 2017 Semifinal Allocation Draw in Kyiv
- 03/2017- Heads of Delegation Meeting in Kyiv
- 07/05/2017- Eurovision 2017 Opening Ceremony & Welcome Reception
- 09/05/2017- Eurovision Song Contest 2017 Semifinal 1
- 11/05/2017- Eurovision Song Contest 2017 Semifinal 2
- 13/05/ 2017- Eurovision Song Contest Grand Final
The 2017 Eurovision Song Contest is scheduled to be held on 9, 11 and 13 May at the International Exhibition Centre in Kyiv, Ukraine.