The participants of the Swedish Melodifestivalen 2017, where the country’s representative for Eurovision 2017 will be chosen, will be officially revealed in a press conference that will be held in the upcoming weeks. Annually, the Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet has published its predictions regarding the participants list.
The confirmations regarding the various artists come from sources with good insight. Although not officially confirmed by the Swedish broadcaster SVT, it is highly likely that these artists are going to warm up the Swedish winter:
- Ace Wilder – Runner up in Melodifestivalen 2014 with the hit Busy doin’ nothin’. Tried her luck in 2016 with Don’t worry and reached the third place.
- Wiktoria – Fourth in Melodifestivalen 2016 with the second place among the televoters.
- Mariette Hansson – Third place in Melodifestivalen 2015 with Don’t stop believing
- Lisa Ajax – Winner of Sweden’s Idol, finalist in Melodifestivalen 2016 with My heart wants me dead. Should perform a song written by Ola Svensson (Melodifestivalen 2008, 2010).
- Robin Bengtsson – Finalist in Melodifestivalen 2016 with Constellation price
- Boris René – Finalist in Melodifestivalen 2016 with Put your love on me
- Elisa Lindström – Participated in Melodifestivalen 2014 with Casanova
- Tommy Körberg – Represented Sweden in Eurovision 1969 and 1988. Might show up along with the rock band Dead by April who participated in Melodifestivalen 2012.
Two points away from winning Melodifestivalen 2014 – Ace Wilder with ‘Busy doin nothin”
- Les Gordons – The only officially confirmed act as they were chosen to participate in Melodifestivalen 2017 after reaching the final of Svensktoppen nästa in August.
- The Fooo Conspiracy – A boyband established in 2013 who played as the opening act of Justin Bieber’s concert in Stockholm that year. They were on the wishlist for Melodifestivalen 2016 but tried to focus on a USA breakthrough. With no significant hit in the repertoire, hopefully this year’s contest will come to help
- Ida LaFontaine – Participated in Lilla Melodifestivalen 2008. Later on debuted along with Måns Zelmerlöw in his 2009 tour and released nine singles so far.
- Axel Schylström – 23 years old, participated in Idol
- John Lundvik – Well-known songwriter for Anton Ewald and Sanna Nielsen among others.
- Alice Svensson – Previously Idol participant with Vietnamese background.
The nineteen years old Ida LaFontaine with ‘Go again’
A total of 28 acts will participate in Melodifestivalen 2017, seven in each of the four semifinals. The full lineup of the participating artists along with the respective songtitles and songwriters will be revealed in a press conference that usually takes place around the end of November. A total of 12 songs will perform in the final that will be held on 11 March where the Swedish representative to Eurovision 2017 will be decided.
Stay tuned to ESCToday for more news regarding Melodifestivalen and Sweden at the Eurovision Song Contest 2017