The twelve acts selected to compete directly to the Polish final have just been announced by TVP. Up to five more acts will be awarded wildcards and their names will be announced next week by the Polish broadcaster.
Out of a total of 122 received entries, a special jury appointed by the Polish broadcaster selected the twelve acts to go directly to the Piosenka dla Europy, the country's final for the selection of their next entrant in the Eurovision Song Contest. 87 songs were received from Poland, 7 from the Netherlands, 5 from France and Israel, 2 from Germany, 8 from Sweden, 1 from Norway and Denmark, 1 from Cyprus, 3 from the United Kingdom and 2 from South Africa.
According to the original Piosenka dla Europy rules, the Polish broadcaster retains the right to award up to 5 wildcards. Information coming from OGAE Poland now states that this will not probably be the case this year. These are the 12 finalists so far:
- All my life – Marco Bocchino & Ola Szwed (Marco Bocchino)
- Amazing – Kasia Skrzynecka(Music: Jud Friedman, Lyrics: Allan Rich)
- Dobry czas – IRA (Music: Artur Gadowski, Lyrics: Wojciech Byrski)
- Everyday– Dali (Music: Viktar Rudenka / Aliaksandar Liutych, Lyrics: Viktar Rudenka / Igor Znyk)
- I don't wanna leave – Lidia Kopania (Alex Geringos / Bernd Klimpel)
- I'm not sure – Renton (Music: Mariusz Gajewski/ Marek Karwowski/ Åï¿½uksz Ró Ycki/ PaweÅï¿½ Szupiluk, Lyrics: Marek Karwowski / PaweÅï¿½ Szupiluk)
- I nie mów nic – Stachursky 0 (Music: Daniel Maczura, Lyrics: Jacek Åï¿½aszczok)
- Jacqueline – Det Betales (Leif Melander, Peter Nord, Knut Oyvind Hagen)
- Kardamon i pieprz – Mikromusic (Natalia Grosiak)
- Kilka SÅï¿½ów – Artur Chamski (Music: PaweÅï¿½ Rurak Sokal, Lyrics: Andrzej Ignatowski)
- Love is gonna get you – Man Meadow (Music: Thomas G'sson / Andreas Rickstrand, Lyrics: Thomas G'sson)
- Mon chocolat – Tigrita Project ( Klaudia Baszniak KozÅï¿½owska)
Man Meadow from Sweden enter once more with a song by Thomas G'sson, and among the finalists we also find a Norwegian Band, Det Betales.