The Finnish broadcaster YLE has just revealed the names of the 18 acts who will take part in Uuden Musiikin Kilpailu 2016, where the Finnish entry for Eurovision Song Contest 2016 will be chosen.
UMK 2016 will include three semifinals on 6, 13 and 20 February. The top three of each semifinal will qualify to the final on 27 February.
On 1 January, 15 seconds long teasers were published on UMK’s official instagram, to give us a hint of the sound and the diversity of the participating songs. The ESCToday team has managed to guess 12 out of the 18 songs correctly! The participants are:
Semifinal 1 – 6 February
- Saara Aalto – No fear
- Mikko Herranen – Evil tone
- Stella Christine – Ain’t got time for boys
- Eini – Draamaa
- ClemSO – Thief
- Pää-Äijät – Shamppanjataivas
Semifinal 2 – 13 February
- Attention 2 – Ready for the show
- Cristal Snow – Love is blind
- Annica Milán & Kimmo Blom – Good enough
- Rafaela Truda – Rise up
- Ylona – Blazing fire
- Mikael Saari – On it goes
Semifinal 3 – 20 February
- Lieminen – Pehmeiden arvojen vaalijat
- Tuuli Okkonen – Don’t wake me up
- Gušani Brothers – Poom poom
- Barbe-Q-Barbies – Let me out
- Pietarin Spektaakkeli – Liian kuuma
- Sandhja – Sing it away
Some comebacks can be seen in this year’s selection as Saara Aalto (second place, 2011), Cristal Snow (third place, 2008) and Mikael Saari (second place, 2013).
The full songs will be revealed on 30 January at 21:30 local time on YLE TV2 and online.
Stay tuned to ESCToday.com for more news regarding UMK and Finland in the Eurovision Song Contest 2016.