The 2003 Israeli entry will be known tonight

by Itamar Barak 34 views

The first entry to the 2003 Eurovision Song Contest will be known tonight as Israel will have its mini Kdam-Eurovision.

Lior Narkis (picture) was selected in November 2002 as Israel's entrant to the 2003 contest. Tonight, Israeli television (IBA) will broadcast a special edition of the somewhat mythical local pre-selection, Kdam-Eurovision, where Narkis will perform 4 new songs. The voting will be divided into two: The audience at home will contribute 60% of the total vote by televoting and SMS. The other 40% will be given from the jury appointed by the IBA.

Lior Narkis said today to Pnay Plus magazine that he likes all 4 songs, but he is touched by the lyrics of 'Words for Love'. When asked about the difficulty of representing Israel in such tough political situation he said: “The task is difficult every year, but I will do my best for the country I love, and I hope for the highest position”. Narkis added that the decision not to sing live on tonight's show was not taken by him but by the IBA.

Meanwhile, 35 Israeli artists have all signed a declaration of support in Narkis, after he was accused of manipulating his selection by the press. Among the artists are Israel's past entrants like Dana International, Yizhar Cohen, Yardena Arazi and Liora.

The show, which celebrates Israel's 30 years in Eurovision, will start at 22:00 (local time) and will last 90 minutes. The host will be former MTV Europe VJ, Eden Har'el. It will also feature a greeting by Marie N, last year's Eurovision Song Contest's winner and the presenter of the forthcoming one.

ESCToday is growing and always looks for new members to join our team! Feel free to drop us a line if you're interested! Use the Contact Us page or send us an email at vacancies@esctoday.com!