After three heats, the Hungarian selection A Dal 2016 is going to the semifinal phase. Out of 30 entries, only 18 have managed to qualify to this phase. Nine songs will participate in every semifinal, and the best 4, decided by jury and televoting, will qualify to the final that will be held on 27 February.
A Dal’s jury, Pierrot, Zséda, Károly Frenreisz and Miklós Both will each give a rank of 1-10 for each song. The viewers, voting by telephone, SMS or app, will give another 1-10 rank to the songs and take the role of the fifth jury member. The top three will qualify directly to the final, while the other six entries will go through a second round of televotes, where the winner will join the final lineup.
HOW TO WATCH[alert-info]
The show is hosted by television presenters Csilla Tatár and Levente Harsányi and will be broadcast live from Budapest at 19:40 CET and on MTVA’s channels:
- Duna World
- Online at mediaklikk.hu
This semifinal will feature two heat winners and three heat runner-ups:
- B The First – You told me that you loved me (4th in Heat 3)
- Benji – Kötéltánc (2nd in Heat 1)
- Gergö Oláh – Gyöz a jó (2nd in Heat 2)
- Kallay Saunders Band – Who we are (1st in Heat 2)
- Karmapolis & Böbe Szécsi – Hold on to (5th in Heat 2)
- Mushu – Uncle Tom (3rd in Heat 1)
- Petruska – Trouble in my mind (1st in Heat 3)
- Reni Tolvai – Fire (5th in Heat 1)
- Szilvia Agárdi – It is love (2nd in Heat 3)
Two remaining shows will be broadcaster after tonight’s show: the second semifinal on 20 February and the grand final on 27 February.