Tonight, the 2016 Swiss national final Die Entscheidungsshow will take place at the Bodensee Arena in the city of Kreuzlingen. The show will kick off at 20:10 CET.
Six acts selected by Switzerland’s French, German and Italian-language broadcasters will compete to represent the country at this year’s Eurovision Song Contest in Stockholm.
The show will be hosted by Sven Epiney, who has provided German-language commentary on the Eurovision Song Contest for the Swiss broadcasters since 2008. It will consist of two parts. The first will see each act perform the original song with which they wish to represent Switzerland at Eurovision. And the second will see each act perform a cover version of a well-known song.
Eurovision winner Conchita Wurst will take to the stage as part of the show’s interval alongside 10-year-old singer, Flavio Rizzello, who won Switzerland’s Die grössten Schweizer Talente competition last year.
The winner will be will be decided via a 50/50 televote/jury deliberation.
How to watch[alert-info]
The show will be aired at 20:10 CET and can be viewed on the following channels:
- SRF 1
- RTS Deux
- RSI La 2
- Live webcast via srf.ch
- Vincent Gross – Half a smile/Astronaut (Originally by Sido)
- Bella C – Another world/ Empire State of mind (Originally by Alicia Keyes)
- Kaceo – Disque d’or/Video killed the radio star (Originally by The Buggles)
- Theo – Because of you/Photograph (Originally by Ed Sheeran)
- Rykka – The last of our kind/Love me like you do (Originally by Ellie Goulding)
- Stanley Miller – Feel the love/Hello (Originally by Adele)
Last year’s winner of Die Entscheidungsshow was Mélanie René. Her song Time to shine failed to make it to the grand final of the Eurovision Song Contest.